Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] U.S. Bank CC with 33,150 FlexPerks [~640 USD] travel sign up bonus, no fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat

U.S. Bank is running a promo where the sign up bonus for the FlexPerks Credit Card increases every time Team U.S. wins at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Since the team is so successful, the sign up bonus is now roughly 32.000 points which you can use for 640 USD worth of air travel (they use Travelocity white label). And the games are not over, yet. so the bonus will increase further.

You have to spend 2500 USD within 5 months to get the points. So this would be another 50 USD worth of travel, bringing the total bonus to almost 700 USD (1 point = 2 USD).

and: air tickets earn elite qualifying miles and redeemable miles since they are just regular tickets.

and: they pay for your bag when you use points to buy an air ticket (USD 25.00 airline allowance).

and: this discount is instantly. you will not have to wait for statement credits or anything like that.

and: fee waived for 1st year! so, nothing to loose.

and: it is from u.s. bank. so, no need to deal with chase or citi which are behind most other good credit card offers.

apply by Aug 31. would not be surprised if they pull it early, though. it is live as of now.

http://www.flexperksbonusoffer.com/n...2Findex%2Ehtml

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Aug 12, 2012 at 12:02 am
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: A few
this looks like a nice way to get some free travel money. and nice to have a us bank card to throw in the mix. must apply by end of this month though
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
U.S. Bank is running a promo where the sign up bonus increases every time Team U.S. wins at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Since the team is so successful, the sign up bonus is now roughly 32.000 points which you can use for 640 USD worth of travel (they use Travelocity white label). And the games are not over, yet. so the bonus will increase further.

You have to spend 2500 USD within 5 months. So this would be another 50 USD worth of travel, bringing the total bonus to almost 700 USD.

and: they pay for your bag when you use points to buy an air ticket (USD 25.00 airline allowance).

and: fee waived for 1sr year! so, nothing to loose.

apply by Aug 31.

http://www.flexperksbonusoffer.com/n...2Findex%2Ehtml
guaranteed $640 in cash? have to book air ticket or can request check or gift cards?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emptiness
guaranteed $640 in cash? have to book air ticket or can request check or gift cards?
the 700 bucks are only 700 bucks for air travel being available on travelocity.com. otherwise its more or less half. this offer is good if you want to save some 700 bucks on air travel. once you used up your points, dump the card within the first year and there will be no fee at all. basically, free money for air travel. unfortunately, i already do have the card. otherwise i would jump on it, especially since it is not chase or citi.

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Aug 12, 2012 at 12:00 am
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:43 pm

Olympics is not over yet. So if the US wins more medals, would the flex points go up? I have never had a U.S. Bank card before and don't really understand how the points work.....

Thanks for sharing the info.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by metoo
Olympics is not over yet. So if the US wins more medals, would the flex points go up? I have never had a U.S. Bank card before and don't really understand how the points work.....

Thanks for sharing the info.
yes. the signup goes up further.

how it works? 1 point can be redeemed for USD 2.00 worth of air travel on travelocity.com. It is instant. So you do not have to wait for a statement credit or anything like that. Lets say you find a flight for 200 USD, then you can use 10.000 points and you pay nothing at all. It can all be done online.

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Aug 11, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
nice offer. I will wait until the end of the month to apply. Any idea what bureau US Bank uses for california residents?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:00 pm

yes. the signup goes up further.

how it works? 1 point can be redeemed for USD 2.00 worth of travel on travelocity.com. It is instant. So you do not have to wait for a statement credit or anything like that. Lets say you find a flight for 200 USD, then you can use 10.000 points and you pay nothing at all. It can all be done online.
No restriction on what you purchase?? Can I purchase an airline ticket on sale or on promotion?

Also, wasn't there an offer similar to this with Cit or Captial one where you get 50k points to purchase airline tickets?

Don't have Capital one nor U.S. bank cards...guess my biz goes to Chase for their great offers
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

yes, you can also use it for promo fares. basically, everything that can be found on travelocity (which is not different from what can be found on expedia, orbitz etc. in 99.9 percent of cases).

chase has great offers. but they will only give you a certain number of cards. this is u.s. bank, keep that in mind ;-)

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Aug 11, 2012 at 10:15 pm
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:14 pm

yes, you can also use it for promo fares. basically, everything that can be found on travelocity (which is not different from what can be found on expedia, orbitz etc. in 99,9 percent of cases).

chase has great offers. but they will only give you a certain number of cards. this is u.s. bank, keep that in mind ;-)

Thanks for helping out.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:17 pm
Suspended

would have gotten this if you can request 500 or 600$ in cash or gift cards or any airline or hotel miles and posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:21 pm

Applied. Under review!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by JATR4
Applied. Under review!
Same for me. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
nice offer. I will wait until the end of the month to apply. Any idea what bureau US Bank uses for california residents?
I checked www.creditboards.com/forums (credit pulls database near the bottom of the page). I notice that they pull alot of Experian (mainly Southern Calif) but in 2009 for one SF & one Merced applicant, they pulled Equifax.

From that data base, they seem to pull alot of Experian lately.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by emptiness
would have gotten this if you can request 500 or 600$ in cash or gift cards or any airline or hotel miles and posts
Really?

Who wouldn't if they are giving away $600 in cash!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.