Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best hotel redemption using airline miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Looking to take a trip to Costa Rica this summer and having trouble finding hotels in international chains so I can use points. I am looking to stay outside the major cities (will be in Manual Antonio & Arenal area) and I'm seeing mostly small chains/hotels. I have points in all the major hotels & airlines and trying to limit my cash outlay.

I am not very familiar with redeeming airlines miles for hotels - are any of them decent value? (would want at least 1 cent a mile)

Thanks for any tips!
Old May 22, 2012, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nic3456
Looking to take a trip to Costa Rica this summer and having trouble finding hotels in international chains so I can use points. I am looking to stay outside the major cities (will be in Manual Antonio & Arenal area) and I'm seeing mostly small chains/hotels. I have points in all the major hotels & airlines and trying to limit my cash outlay.

I am not very familiar with redeeming airlines miles for hotels - are any of them decent value? (would want at least 1 cent a mile)

Thanks for any tips!
sometimes don't just depend on hotel related cards like hilton, or PC card.

Advantage miles site has hotels deal offer when you put in your address.
you maybe surprised to find that advantage miles site has much better offer on hotels using aa miles than redeeming your hilton, pc card and other hotel related cards.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
+1 on checking AA miles for hotels. Some are decent deals, but others take too many points and are not worth it.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:26 am

You might also want to check BA as Avios can now be redeemed for hotels and if you have Amex MR points, there is the 50% transfer bonus until the end of May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.