Wiki Posts
Search

Buying & Selling Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA, Marriott, IHG
Buying & Selling Miles?

Ok so i search Craigs list to find people looking to sell vouchers or miles. Voucher sales are pretty cut & dry for the most part but miles are the tricky part.

So how do i estimate the price of people selling miles and more importantly how can i get them into my account with paying hefty fee's?

24,000 delta/AA miles and 14,000 continental air points how much are these worth when buying them from an individual?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Causeimtheman

Ok so i search Craigs list to find people looking to sell vouchers or miles. Voucher sales are pretty cut & dry for the most part but miles are the tricky part.

So how do i estimate the price of people selling miles and more importantly how can i get them into my account with paying hefty fee's?

24,000 delta/AA miles and 14,000 continental air points how much are these worth when buying them from an individual?
Airlines frown upon buying and selling miles so tread lightly. If you do buy them anyway, you'll need to transfer them from the seller's loyalty account to your own.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Causeimtheman

Not a good thing to do. Many stories of people buying vouchers that have already been used, or are used right after the exchange because all you need are the numbers on the voucher. If the Airlines find out about it they can freeze your account and cancel your miles in it. They don't have any pity for the seller or buyer. You're better off opening a credit card if you need more miles.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I would deal with an established mileage broker -- not someone you find on craigslist.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
This subject has been covered numerous times on this forum so I'll close this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.