Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Combining inquiries from the same bank in one day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

I apologize if this is part of the collective wisdom - I've done some searching and couldn't come up with an answer except for Citi. I thought I had seen a couple of allusions to the fact that credit bureaus combined multiple inquiries from the same bank in a single day into one reported inquiry. For example, I could apply for two Barclays cards in a single day and, provided the same bureau was pulled, it would only show up as a single inquiry. Is this at all true?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by nicad2000
I apologize if this is part of the collective wisdom - I've done some searching and couldn't come up with an answer except for Citi. I thought I had seen a couple of allusions to the fact that credit bureaus combined multiple inquiries from the same bank in a single day into one reported inquiry. For example, I could apply for two Barclays cards in a single day and, provided the same bureau was pulled, it would only show up as a single inquiry. Is this at all true?
i believe so...although some banks don't like it if you sign up for more then 1 card on the same day or within a month
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by nicad2000
Correct the Credit bureaus normally connect any from the same bank on the same day. Different days = seperate pulls. Like bitachu said most don't like multiple apps. Welcome to Ft and good luck.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Correct the Credit bureaus normally connect any from the same bank on the same day. Different days = seperate pulls. Like bitachu said most don't like multiple apps. Welcome to Ft and good luck.
Amex doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I've had that work out okay. And I've read of the occasional case where people did it with Chase.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
Amex doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
That's my experience as well. I applied for 3 AMEX cards (Plat, SPG Biz, RPG) and 3 BOA cards (HI Airlines, AK Airlines, WorldPoints) on the same day in early August. I was approved for all 6 (with accompanying bonuses) and my credit reports showed them as two inquiries.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by PNH_Flyer
That's my experience as well. I applied for 3 AMEX cards (Plat, SPG Biz, RPG) and 3 BOA cards (HI Airlines, AK Airlines, WorldPoints) on the same day in early August. I was approved for all 6 (with accompanying bonuses) and my credit reports showed them as two inquiries.
I am bit surprised for AMEX biz and personal were treated the same. For citi you get two inquires if you get personal and biz on the same day. YMMV
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I know 2 citi personal cards on the same day count as only 1 inquiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.