Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoreline
Someone had posted in another thread (and above in this thread) the Marriott Visa 70,000 bonus pt offer was now dead and no longer being offered.

I asked a question about that, because I had just received an email for that offer and was surprised it had gone dead.

So, Mooper asked me to check my email to see if it was a targeted offer and still 'alive'. Indeed this is the case.

My offer is still good and states that I have until the end of Sept. 2012 to apply.

Therefore, I am posting this here (per Mooper's request), to let people know there is still a targeted offer for the Marriott Visa. Still all hope is not gone for those who may be interested.^
Can you please explain what you relationship to the Marriott program is? I presume you're already a Marriott Rewards member (but how long and what level of activity?) but never had a Marriott card before?

(I presume they only target certain kinds of people, and thus it helps to understand which kind of people have already been targeted.)

I know back when the Priority Club Select Visa (also from Chase) was public at 60k and targeted at 80k, a typical scenario for being targeted for the 80k seemed to be to have been a Priority Club member for a while and to have been offered (via emails) the 60k card a few times and "never having bitten", and then they eventually might up it for you to 80k (but only once they'd "figured out" that you were not likely to ever bite on the 60k offer).
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:06 am

To add another data point, I also received a targeted e-mail offer in late June that said:

Because you are one of our most valued Marriott Rewards® members, it is our pleasure to offer you the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card featuring an exclusive limited time offer. Apply by September 30, 2012, and after your first purchase you will earn 70,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points.

I applied for the card a few weeks ago and received instant approval. I received the 70,000 point sign-up bonus. I am Platinum with Marriott and I previously had this same Chase Premier card and cancelled it around June since I had been putting most of my spending on other cards and did not want to pay the annual fee.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by pmat2009
Got a "5K for 1 additional user bonus" offer in email. I got the card (70K bonus) a few months back.
Originally Posted by johndoe123
I received the same.
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Got the same 5K offer.

Apparently it's only good for the month of June, so, wait until tomorrow before using it.
If anyone is interested, I received my 5,000 point bonus earlier this month.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:13 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
when does the annual cat 1-5 rewards certificate post? The annual fee posted about 2 weeks ago but the rewards cert is not in my account yet, thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by swy
when does the annual cat 1-5 rewards certificate post? The annual fee posted about 2 weeks ago but the rewards cert is not in my account yet, thanks!
Mine posted the day my account cycle ended. Unfortunately the award is only good for 6 months, I had wanted to use it at the end of June....
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:48 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by chris1gill
Mine posted the day my account cycle ended. Unfortunately the award is only good for 6 months, I had wanted to use it at the end of June....
Thanks! Looks like you can call Marriott and have the expiration date extended. Like

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18065074-post745.html

there are a few more.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Good morning,

Doing som planning for 2013, If i get the Premier Visa now, will the 1st time I receive the 15 Elite days be Dec, 2013?

Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
anyone got any experience...

I got the premier marriot last dec(2011)..and just closed it last month....

just wondering if I can get the reg marriort rewards visa...and still get the signup bonus

https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/4000040?CELL=6XJ4
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Teamstone
Doing som planning for 2013, If i get the Premier Visa now, will the 1st time I receive the 15 Elite days be Dec, 2013?
They usually post very quickly (maybe a day or two after approval?) NOT on the statement close.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:17 am

I was just hoping to confirm, is the 30,000 point offer the best Marriott offer out now.

If any could could confirm or let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ddfr
I was just hoping to confirm, is the 30,000 point offer the best Marriott offer out now.

If any could could confirm or let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...dit-cards.aspx

50k The Marriott Rewards® Premier Visa® Signature Card
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
So are you saying i get 15 days within days of approval?

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
They usually post very quickly (maybe a day or two after approval?) NOT on the statement close.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bitachu
anyone got any experience...

I got the premier marriot last dec(2011)..and just closed it last month....

just wondering if I can get the reg marriort rewards visa...and still get the signup bonus

https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/4000040?CELL=6XJ4
According to the terms, I think you should qualify for it unless you had the regular Marriott Rewards card before in the past also.

"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

It can take 6-8 weeks after account approval according to the terms and condition. I don't recall how long it took mine to post but keep that in mind.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
For me, it happened within a few days. But it could obviously take much longer, according to the terms.

There have been reports of people noticing "Silver" status on the Marriott site as their first indication that they had been approved.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Did I get the card or not?

On the evening of New Year's Day, I applied online for the Chase Marriott Premier Visa. It said I was approved and to expect the card in 7-10 business days.

Today, I called in and checked the status over the phone and it said my app was still being decided and to expect a decision in 2 weeks.

Did I get it or not? That is pretty odd I would get two conflicting answers.

Eric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.