Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
sdsearch,
What do you mean by 4 month cycles?

There is no offer landing page now and the application page doesn't show an expiration. It seems that Chase can pull this offer whenever they want.

Is there a specified expiration date?
The offer with landing page officially expired Nov 2011. If you are so interested, go back to that period and read the posts around Nov/Dec 2011 timeframe.

What sdsearch meant is, nobody can tell you with a guarantee that the offer would stay alive till when. i.e. your crystal ball is as good as anyone's because except Chase, nobody here would know.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Happy
The offer with landing page officially expired Nov 2011. If you are so interested, go back to that period and read the posts around Nov/Dec 2011 timeframe.

What sdsearch meant is, nobody can tell you with a guarantee that the offer would stay alive till when. i.e. your crystal ball is as good as anyone's because except Chase, nobody here would know.
Everything that Happy said is true. No one knows when these offers will end. Some have end dates and then just keep on going. I just applied for the Marriot card last week. Haven't recieved it yet to confirm all the details. I have got a E-mail from Marriot telling me to sign in for my free night and the date I have to use it by.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Aug 15, 2012 at 6:16 pm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
sdsearch,
What do you mean by 4 month cycles?
What I meant is that when it expired officially originally (which I was reminded by another reply to you was in November), someone could have asked then "will this still be good in 4 months", and 4 months from then would have been March. Then in March someone could have again asked "will this still be good in 4 months", and 4 months from then would have been July. So we've been through more than 2 4-month cycles (ie, more than 2 multiples of 4 months) since this card offer officially expired, and it's still good today.

But as to whether it'll still be good in yet another 4 months, who's to know?

I myself risked 2 months: I wanted to get the card in 2012, not 2011, because it deposits 15 elite nights in your Marriot account each year and I wanted that to happen at the beginning of a calendar year (and at any rate I had no big use for 15 elite nights in late 2011, having already qualified for one level but being much more then 15 elite nights away from the next level), so I waited from November (when the card officially expired) to January.

I don't know what I would have done had the offer disappeared by January, but I didn't have enough use for the offer before January to rush it.

But all of this is just anecdotes and past history. None of us have a clue as to how much longer this card will be around. (My point was simply that that's not a new situation. None of us have had a clue as to how much longer this card would be around since November!)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch

I myself risked 2 months: I wanted to get the card in 2012, not 2011, because it deposits 15 elite nights in your Marriot account each year and I wanted that to happen at the beginning of a calendar year (and at any rate I had no big use for 15 elite nights in late 2011, having already qualified for one level but being much more then 15 elite nights away from the next level), so I waited from November (when the card officially expired) to January.
The elite nights actually rolled over. We risked 3 weeks and got ours in December. The elite nights disappeared at the beginning of Jan and then re-appeared a week or so later. No loss of such. I am not sure if MR is doing a rolling 12 months like HHonor or still based on calendar year as SPG. Though to me, MR elite benefits are very poor even for those achieve the highest, i.e. Platinum. Honestly, unless one's work requires one to stay at MR properties, otherwise other hotel chains elite statuses are much more worthwhile to pursuit than MR's.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jjmiller69

Everything that Happy said is true. No one knows when these offers will end. Some have end dates and then just keep on going. I just applied for the Marriot card last week. Haven't recieved it yet to confirm all the details. I have got a E-mail from Marriot telling me to sign in for my free night and the date I have to use it by.
My free night posted the 14th (applied on 7th) any idea when the cards are sent lately? Chase said 7-10 days but I've got a Courtyard stay starting the 21... Not like AX where they overnight the card it seems
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

My free night posted the 14th (applied on 7th) any idea when the cards are sent lately? Chase said 7-10 days but I've got a Courtyard stay starting the 21... Not like AX where they overnight the card it seems
It takes about a week from the card being "issued". Given the free night posted on 14th, the card should have been issued on the 13th, or may even been last Friday. If you plan to use the card on the 21st you may still have a chance though with weekend coming, it is cutting it really close.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:40 pm
pde

I was extremely skeptical about applying using the application link, because it doesn't state how many points are included in the promotion. I finally decided to apply, which I did using the application link, on 8/7. Got approved on 8/9 and I believe the free night was posted to my Marriott Rewards account the next day. The credit card arrived today, 8/16 and when I called to activate it, they verified the promotion is for 70000 points. Yay!!!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The elite nights actually rolled over. We risked 3 weeks and got ours in December. The elite nights disappeared at the beginning of Jan and then re-appeared a week or so later. No loss of such. I am not sure if MR is doing a rolling 12 months like HHonor or still based on calendar year as SPG. Though to me, MR elite benefits are very poor even for those achieve the highest, i.e. Platinum. Honestly, unless one's work requires one to stay at MR properties, otherwise other hotel chains elite statuses are much more worthwhile to pursuit than MR's.
Whether you could roll over depended on where you were in elite night count at the end of 2011 relative to your then-current elite status.

In my case, I had "challenged" ("Taste of") to Gold, but had not yet stayed enough nights to requalify "normally" as gold (as of November or even early December), and wasn't sure whether anything could rollover.

None one dictates what brands I have to stay at, but I work-related (but not work-reimbursed or work-paid) I need 150ish nights a year (3 a week). In my area, I find rates for Marriott properties to be much more reasonable than Hilton or Hyatt, and so it's a choice (sorry for the pun) between Marriott and Choice and Wyndham Rewards and Best Western and maybe Priority Club. If you think elite status at Marriott lacks (it doesn't lack as much if, like me, most of your stays are on weekdays, as for those who do weekend stays in the US), you should check out what elite status gets you at Choice. (It gets you a valuable extended booking window for rewards, yes, and it uncaps some of the lucscious promos, yes, but as far as in-hotel benefits, Marriott wins by a mile. Of course, at most Choice brands, everything you need elite status for at a Marriott is free anyway.) And Best Western elite status is even more iffy than choice. And WyndhamRewards doesn't even have an elite status program! And Priority Club Platinum status is now free for holding their Select credit card, and was always achievable for savvy FTers with just a few stays a year at most, and at any rate is very hit-or-miss (dependent on the specific hotel whether you get any elite benefits).

So compared to all that Marriott elite status is fabulous (if you understand it's day-of-the-week and brand-specific limitations: no free breakfast in the US on weekends, and no free breakfast in Courtyards anywhere, no matter how elite you are).

At any rate, one of the reasons I've been staying at Marriott brands a lot the past year is because they keep doing the richest miles promos, especially for Southwest collectors (where it worked out to $30 to $40 to even over $40 worth of Southwest points per one-night stay, which btw through Marriott's BRG program that's called LNF I was getting for $50 to $75 a night most nights). (But one of the promos worked richly at UA too, 2000 miles for each such one-night stay.)

I do value HHonors Gold much more, but I don't get spend nearly as many nights a year with HHonors as with Marriott because they're just too expensive too many places. Fortunately it's easier to get big amounts of HHonors points over and over again from credit cards than for any other hotel program, so most of my stays are on points or points + cash anyway (but only on vacations).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Looks like the 70K offer is now off the table.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It takes about a week from the card being "issued". Given the free night posted on 14th, the card should have been issued on the 13th, or may even been last Friday. If you plan to use the card on the 21st you may still have a chance though with weekend coming, it is cutting it really close.
I know.. was on the fence and finally decided to go for it with no forex and such. And add a possible day or two for transit to Alaska

Originally Posted by pde
I was extremely skeptical about applying using the application link, because it doesn't state how many points are included in the promotion. I finally decided to apply, which I did using the application link, on 8/7. Got approved on 8/9 and I believe the free night was posted to my Marriott Rewards account the next day. The credit card arrived today, 8/16 and when I called to activate it, they verified the promotion is for 70000 points. Yay!!!
That's good to hear- I didn't have my MR account set up before but I did just get another email from Chase- does this look familiar and when did you get it?
Originally Posted by chase email
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase. Your card is in the mail. When it arrives, please take a moment to verify receipt by calling the number found on the sticker on the front of your card.
Oh and welcome to Flyertalk pde ^

Originally Posted by deant
Seems it is dead for now Got in under the wire it seems...

Originally Posted by chase.com

Offer Unavailable

The information you requested is no longer available. Please visit www.chasecreditcards.com to view additional offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ.
Thanks again everyone ^
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
U are right. The ride was good while it lasted. Was able to take many turns. Oh well - all things must come to an end. As long as I am in Chase's good books, I am pretty sure there will be similar offers in future . God bless Chase and their Marketing Department ..

Last edited by gv111; Aug 17, 2012 at 1:32 pm
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Wow, cool, they actually verify it! @:-) ^

(As opposed to Citi, which sometimes ignores valid Hilton HHonors account numbers given in online applications and instead gives you a brand new account, and then you can't find your points when they post to your statement but don't show up in your original HHonors account, and then you have to do endless phone calls to straighten it out.)
Was anyone successful at applying for two Marriot credit cards (not necessary at the same time) using the same MR#? I have a MR CC and My g/f wants to apply for one too. I wonder if it will be successful if she apply using my MR# and whether my MR# would be credited with the bonus points and the free certificate. This way we don't have the hassel of managing two MR accounts.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:42 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by windcloud5
I wonder if it will be successful if she apply using my MR# and whether my MR# would be credited with the bonus points and the free certificate. This way we don't have the hassel of managing two MR accounts.
I'm amazed at how often people ask this question. No, that's a bad idea. Even if it did work, it's against the MR terms. They can audit and close the account without warning. Then you have nothing.

Don't risk it.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:36 am

The best live offer I see is 50K + 1 free night + first-year annual fee waived. Anyone see a better current offer?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by beltway
The best live offer I see is 50K + 1 free night + first-year annual fee waived. Anyone see a better current offer?
This one has an additional $75 credit - link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.