Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Will UA miles continue to expire (as CO miles currently don't)?...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

...after the programs are conflated.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:14 pm

No one knows. That's to be determined.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-thread.html
Old May 22, 2011, 12:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
hopefully, delta dawn's change to no expiration will be considered strongly in making the decision...
Old May 22, 2011, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by clacko
hopefully, delta dawn's change to no expiration will be considered strongly in making the decision...
During the Executive Travel Summit hosted by Randy Petersen a couple weeks ago this topic came up. The heads of DL, UA and AA were on the same stage and spoke on this exact topic. DL said that they found it was making their customers mad and that it was the single largest complaint they received about the program so they changed it. UA and AA both said that they see loyalty as something that requires engagement with the program and that they'd rather have customers who are actually using the program regularly than simply letting points sit idle in an account somewhere. I'm sure they're all watching the effects of the DL action but the initial indication is that they see no reason to change.

What I don't understand is why someone would keep points around that long if they're no longer earning or redeeming on that program. Cash 'em out and be done with it. They aren't accruing any more value sitting there.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bosboy73
...after the programs are conflated.
Good question. Speculation abounds in thread below. Continue discussion there.

Originally Posted by danpeake
No one knows. That's to be determined.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.