Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
I just received a secure message from Chase denying my request for extra 50K. Here is the reply from them:

-------------------------

Dear XXX,

I have reviewed your email and wish to address your
concerns regarding receiving 100,000 points on applying
for a new Sapphire Preferred account with Chase.

Please note that the offer was an acquisition test offer
only and was sent to a select customers through direct
mail. Regretfully, this is a non transferable offer. If
you were sent an invitation for this offer, I kindly
request you to reply to this email with the offer code and
the invitation number, and either myself or one of my
colleagues will be happy to assist you.

I sincerely apologize, I am unable to meet your
expectations in this matter. Nothing would have pleased me
more than to provide the resolution you are seeking. If
you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

E-mail Customer Service Advisor

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.

------------------------

My spouse got the extra 50K and I didn't. I was wondering if someone had rejection before and what kind of reply did you send them? Thanks.
There are at least 4 or 5 posts PRIOR to yours reporting the same at least an hour and a half ago - essentially identical denials.

The furious of activities must trigger some exception reports which finally made their ways to some executive desks after 2+ days. Numbers are crunched and losses are tallied. Instructions given and denied replies crafted.

What would be more interesting to see is, will those originally granted the 50K would have their bonuses honored, especially those already posted into their UR accounts.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Happy
There are at least 4 or 5 posts PRIOR to yours reporting the same at least an hour and a half ago.
Thanks. Now there's 5 or 6.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:25 pm

I am glad I emailed them earlier and did not delay until tonight.

They already posted my adjustments. I have 100K in my account and my wife has 50K since her 3K spend has not been completed.

So they would have to take mine back. It is not a case of them not fulfilling a promise.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Let's see. Chase decides to do a targeted promo for extra miles off a promo generally distributed. Targeted means not everybody. Then everybody who hangs out here, who knows they weren't targeted for this promo, decides to call Chase because they've been told that, naturally, any credit card company will "bump the bonus," without regard for the fact that points cost some money. CSRs overwhelmed with calls make promises they're not empowered to keep. The folks who know they weren't supposed to get the bonus now want to complain that they're not getting the "bump."

Welcome to 21st Century financial tactics.

As one of my economics professors used to say, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."
Chase, almost as much as AmEx, usually matches promos to targeted promos. The recent CO 50K was targeted as was the Southwest 2 free roundtrips plus $500 giftcard (which was sent only to Denver residents). Of course neither of those had an invitation code but Chase usually backs down and opens the gates. I don't know of a time when they've tightened up. They've got AmEx and Citi breathing down their backs for goodwill after all.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:45 pm

"And to the poster who hints others requesting the match being fraudulent"

Happy-

Are you referring to me in your statement?

I am the poster who wrote about what CS said to me....I never said it was Fraudulent. THE CS said that !!! I was only relaying the message to all.

Believe me when I said I wish you folks should fight for the 100k promised to you in writing.

I missed the party ...Not happy but I am glad you all got the bump of 50k...

If it weren't for this board, i would NOT have applied for the British Airways, Continental etc .....

Last edited by metoo; Jun 21, 2011 at 8:56 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:54 pm

It's true, TNSTAAFL ... but

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Let's see. Chase decides to do a targeted promo for extra miles off a promo generally distributed. Targeted means not everybody. Then everybody who hangs out here, who knows they weren't targeted for this promo, decides to call Chase because they've been told that, naturally, any credit card company will "bump the bonus," without regard for the fact that points cost some money. CSRs overwhelmed with calls make promises they're not empowered to keep. The folks who know they weren't supposed to get the bonus now want to complain that they're not getting the "bump."

As one of my economics professors used to say, "There's no such thing as a free lunch."
that little aphorism does not dictate who pays for the lunch (the CC company or the CC holder). Always try!

And, when someone simply states that they missed out on some unexpected largesse that is a far cry from "complaining".
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Just got the denial letter. 50K is still not bad.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

metoo,

No, it is NOT meant for you. You are just the bearer of bad news, that is all. And actually we ought to thank you for posting this new data.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My comment is meant to the poster who said those of us hoping to get the bump up is looking for a "free lunch" and there is no such thing. To that I should say more bluntly, that the person is like the pot calling the kettle black, as if he never has taken any advantage of price error, system loophole, etc etc in his whole life.

See the quote below - that is what I mean, the poster is out of line in making that kind of accusation. I also feel the CSRs did not promise such bump ups because they were "overwhelmed". The reality might very well be, it has been Chase recent policy to win customers, judging from the match of CO offer, PC offer and Southwest offer in the last few months. Would anyone naive enough to think a CSR without being authorized to do so, would hand out 50K bonus when requested, just because they are "overwhelmed" by the requests? Try this in your real day job and see if you do something like give customer a big promo or a big discount, something with good monetary value, WITHOUT being authorized to do so, what might happen to you day job?

It is just that this Sapphire offer is an In-House Chase card and most likely have higher cost in award structure so when the applications and requests rushing in, someone finally did some hard number crunching and immediately change the current match up policy.

That is why the quoted post below is, well, out of line (reserved my other words.)

Originally Posted by lwildernorva View Post

Originally Posted by metoo
"And to the poster who hints others requesting the match being fraudulent"

Happy-

Are you referring to me in your statement?

I am the poster who wrote about what CS said to me....I never said it was Fraudulent. THE CS said that !!! I was only relaying the message to all.

Believe me when I said I wish you folks should fight for the 100k promised to you in writing.

I missed the party ...Not happy but I am glad you all got the bump of 50k...

If it weren't for this board, i would NOT have applied for the British Airways, Continental etc .....

Last edited by Happy; Jun 21, 2011 at 9:11 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:01 pm

Just got denied seven hours after sending SM. Boo hoo.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Happy
Agree on both counts. And to the poster who hints others requesting the match being fraudulent... That is way out of line assumption.
The only way it could be fraud is if you sent them a SM saying you had a offer and gave a fraudulent code. If you just asked for 50,000 more points because you heard someone else had one and they said yes, then they agreed to your request. I hope they reconsider as a good will gesture.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:19 pm

when i meet spending requirement. how do i transfer points to Continental?

Thanks Happy for the clarification.....I hesitated in posting it because of the bad news.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
The only way it could be fraud is if you sent them a SM saying you had a offer and gave a fraudulent code. If you just asked for 50,000 more points because you heard someone else had one and they said yes, then they agreed to your request. I hope they reconsider as a good will gesture.
The Invitation code is unique, tied to the targeted person's name. The offer code is just a notation of the offer to distinguish it is for 100K.

This is not unlike AMEX has an offer ID, and again a RSVP number.

AMEX seems to continuing give goodwill match to people who apply the AMEX Gold 25K to the 75K offer which is a targeted one.

Chase has won a lot of goodwill on its CO match which is by far the most popular request among the 3 recently. This reversal of policy would erase some of the goodwill gained and affect people's behavior in using / keeping the card - after all, the card carries a $95 annual fee in 2nd year which is a long way from now.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:30 pm

Go to your chase card home page...

There should be two lines, one when clicked gives you the amount of reward points you have and one below it that says go to Ultimate Rewards. When you click the second (lower one), it will take you to a page where there are options on the left. One of the options is to transfer points to partners...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
O.k. I think we've pretty much put the fraud accusation to bed. I hope.
Now as to the freeloader accusations, that's another matter.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:40 pm

LOL Brasov02

Thanks for info Garygleck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.