Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citicards Back in the Game with ThankYou Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:44 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum

I can earn 5 points per dollar on the Citi Thank You Preferred card on gas, groceries and drugs for the first year and 1 point on everything else. No annual fee first year, no limit on the number of points per year. NO interest on BT or purchases for 15 months. Gift cards are about 1 cent per point when done in 10,000 point increments. Travel redemption is 1 cent per point and you earn miles on the tickets you redeem for.

The Citi Forward card gives you 5 points per dollar first year on dining and entertainment, no annual fee. Same awards through the Thank You Point Network

The CitiForward Card for College Students is a nice starter card with no cosignor required (some will still be denied) and 5 points per dollar on restaurants, music, books and ?????.

The sign up bonuses are 6000, 8500 and 1000 respectfully with small ($300 and under) minimum spends.

And what might be most important for most of us, is they are not Chase of American Express credit pulls, which we all have been hammering. In my home state Citi pulls from Equifax which is different than Chase or Amex.

I put the links on my blog.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got some TY points from opening bank accounts, but they don't seem that useful. Can you give us some good ideas on worthwhile redemption options?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Numerous threads on TY program on the OCCP forum so I'll move this there.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ingy
Travel redemption is 1 cent per point and you earn miles on the tickets you redeem for.
Some cardholders are able to redeem for travel at $0.0133, as discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...e-holders.html
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the key is that this is a Citi card, because otherwise the AARP card (Chase) sounds like it would make more sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.