Search

45,000 Delta Skymiles for AMEX, expires 12/31

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
45,000 Delta Skymiles for AMEX, expires 12/31

Just posted on Frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com:

Limited time offer of 45,000 Delta Skymiles when approved for the Gold Delta AMEX

Must spend $3000 within 3 months
No annual fee for the first year
Check your first bag free on every Delta flight (and up to 8 people on the same reservation)
Offer expires Dec. 31, 2010.

Terms and Conditions

1. $3,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 45,000 bonus miles. The 3-month period is evaluated from the date the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2 to 4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
2. Benefit is limited to Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles [Business] Credit Cards. Reservation must include the Basic Cardmember’s SkyMiles number. Fee waiver also available for passengers traveling in the same reservation as the Basic Cardmember. Maximum nine waivers per reservation. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after receiving their Card from American Express. Benefit available only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flight segments. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. See delta.com/firstbagfree for details.
3. This offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles® account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
4. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, Cardmember’s account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Fees, interest charges, balance transfers, Express Cash, Cash Advances, U.S. Savings Bonds transactions, American Express® Travelers Cheques and Gift Cheques and purchases of other cash equivalents do not earn miles.
5. The annual fee for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card will be waived for the first year of Cardmembership. The annual fee will be $95.

All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Here is the link:
http://deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/

Last edited by onthego15; Dec 27, 2010 at 12:47 pm Reason: extended date
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
Just posted on Frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com:

Limited time offer of 45,000 Delta Skymiles when approved for the Gold Delta AMEX

Must spend $3000 within 3 months
No annual fee for the first year
Check your first bag free on every Delta flight (and up to 8 people on the same reservation)
Offer expires Dec. 20, 2010.

Terms and Conditions

1. $3,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 45,000 bonus miles. The 3-month period is evaluated from the date the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2 to 4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
2. Benefit is limited to Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold, Platinum or Reserve Delta SkyMiles [Business] Credit Cards. Reservation must include the Basic Cardmember’s SkyMiles number. Fee waiver also available for passengers traveling in the same reservation as the Basic Cardmember. Maximum nine waivers per reservation. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after receiving their Card from American Express. Benefit available only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flight segments. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. See delta.com/firstbagfree for details.
3. This offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles® account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
4. Bonus miles will be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account 8 to 12 weeks after the end of each month. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, Cardmember’s account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Fees, interest charges, balance transfers, Express Cash, Cash Advances, U.S. Savings Bonds transactions, American Express® Travelers Cheques and Gift Cheques and purchases of other cash equivalents do not earn miles.
5. The annual fee for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card will be waived for the first year of Cardmembership. The annual fee will be $95.

All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Here is the link:
http://deltaamexlimitedtimeoffer.com/
what a pity, I have had the gold..
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
what a pity, I have had the gold..
Perhaps it can be churned ?

There appears to be no language restricting this to a)first time users or b)the difference between award points from your first bonus.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Aitchly
Perhaps it can be churned ?

There appears to be no language restricting this to a)first time users or b)the difference between award points from your first bonus.
Yes,exactly, I just searched and found no terms about the restriction.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SIA, UA, CO
Delta sucks on its frequent flyer program but i see no reason to miss this deal!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
I had Delta gold, then upgraded to Delta plat this year. Don't know if I can get bonus again since it doesn't state anywhere...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:31 pm

Or even try the Business card. The ones I had were personal...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, CO/UA, WN
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Yes,exactly, I just searched and found no terms about the restriction.
I gave it a try! Cancelled the Gold just about a week ago, and here's this gem!! I applied for the personal and business.

Already have HHonors Amex and SPG, so we'll see if they give it to me...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I got two offers yesterday

I am a former card holder and got two offers. I assume I should be able to apply again and get bonuses etc.

Offer 1: PROMO_ID=CBB5M4RB 40K and 2 SkyClub Passes
We'd like to take this opportunity to highlight many of the reasons why Delta Air Lines is a good choice for you.

Delta Service - above and beyond

Delta flies to over 350 destinations in more than 60 countries around the world. And we offer Wi-Fi service on more domestic flights than any other airline. Plus, there are more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs™ worldwide to make your travels more enjoyable.

Up to 40,000 bonus miles and 2 Delta Sky Club passes with the Gold Delta Sky Miles® Credit Card

The Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express can make your travels even more rewarding by boosting your mileage earning power and getting you to Award Travel faster. And now, you can earn up to 40,000 bonus miles and get 2 Delta Sky Club Passes when you get the Card.

You can earn 25,000 bonus miles with your first purchase1 and another 15,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 within 3 months.2 You will receive 2 Delta Sky Club Passes when you are approved for the Card.3

Here are some of the other benefits you can enjoy:
• Earn up to 10,000 bonus miles each year with built-in Miles BoostsSM 4
• Check your first bag for free on every Delta flight for you and up to 8 people on your reservation - for a family of four, that's a savings of up to $200 on a round-trip5
• $25 Delta Sky Club™ Access6
• Pay with Miles - an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers - allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles7
• Double miles on Delta purchases8 and 1 mile for everyday eligible purchases9
• Receive a $99* Domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your Card
• Redeem your miles for car rentals, hotel stays and a variety of merchandise10
• No annual fee for the first year - a $95 savings11

Take another look at Delta. And take advantage of this special offer. But don't delay. This offer ends December 31, 2010

Offer 2: PROMO_ID=7F7XSKTD 35K and 100$ Credit
Give yourself the gift of travel this holiday season through this special offer. Now, when you get the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can earn up to 35,000 bonus miles — enough for an Award Ticket1 — and $100 cash back. And that's on top of all the miles you can earn by using the Card for your holiday shopping.

Here's how:
1. Earn 20,000 bonus miles with your first purchase.2
2. Earn another 15,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 in three months.3
3. And get $100 cash back when you make a Delta purchase.4
Plus, you can enjoy all of these other benefits:
• Earn up to 10,000 bonus miles each year with built-in Miles BoostsSM 5
• Check your first bag for free on every Delta flight for you and up to 8 people on your reservation — for a family of four, that's up to $200 in savings on a round-trip6
• $25 Delta Sky Club™ Access7
• Pay with Miles — an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers — allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles8
• Double miles on Delta purchases9 and 1 mile for everyday eligible purchases10
• Receive a $99* Domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your Card
• Redeem your miles for car rentals, hotel stays and a variety of merchandise11
• No annual fee for the first year — a $95 savings12

Make the holidays that much happier with up to 35,000 bonus miles and $100 cash back. But don't delay. This exclusive, limited-time offer ends December 31, 2010.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:51 pm

I was pulling the trigger on this one, already have plat pers and biz. but am getting this error message at the "continue to verify" box

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or to check the status of a previously submitted application call 1-888-826-3471 (Mon-Fri 6 AM-9 PM MST).

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Chrun and Burn

I just canceled the Amex Delta Skymiles Gold Card, back in August I believe and I got an email re: this offer. However, when I called to ask AMEX re: the offer I received, the rep said I won't get the miles since I had the card before ; its for first time users, blah blah blah...

What I have noticed from these losers is we all get different responses (I got charged for the AMEX Gold Card with Membership Rewards, but my friend didnt...even though we both got the same card...the same time) from AMEX when we inquire about their promotions...so caveat emptor

I think I'll wait a few more mths before I apply for any Delta AMEX cards...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:56 pm

Did anyone receive the confirmation email after filing personal application?

I filed business and personal but received only one for business, nothing for personal.

Is that normal?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:28 pm

is this a good deal??? i am debating whether 40K is a good deal or I should wait for something better.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:32 pm

so we can get bonuses for personal AND business? I already have delta plat...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by bholaladka
is this a good deal??? i am debating whether 40K is a good deal or I should wait for something better.
Go for 45,000 Skymiles as posted in the OP. Delta hasn't been known to offer mega bonuses (75k+), but with the rate they are printing Skymiles, I wouldn't put it past them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.