Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thehawk75
I've been 'generally' following this thread. Not sure how 10 months was figured out -- I would not take that figure as gospel. My personal experience has been that I was approved on the 2 personal cards 12 months after my last personal card, but, note my last personal card was an MC -- not the Visa and AMEX I just got now. So, there are a few factors here, not to mention that perhaps I was just very fortunate -- since others who apparently haven't applied in over a year have still gotten denials for 'first time accounts only' reason.
Originally Posted by Happy
Makes no difference. Citi does not distinguish the types of card, only the categories - personal and business.

I think for previous AA cardholders, the only meaningful factor is LUCK.
If one is to quote me, I would appreciate the entire context of the message to be conveyed, especially if I had already come to the same conclusion in the missing portion of the quoted text.

Back to my point. I don't think there's a 10 month rule. You either apply or you don't. If you apply, you might get lucky. For potentially 150K AAdvantage miles, the potential reward is definitely worth the 'fee' of having an inquiry on my credit report.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by Happy
I think for previous AA cardholders, the only meaningful factor is LUCK.
If so, I hope I have some next week! I've been biding my time, reading every post in this thread for over 2 months and impatiently waiting to age my last apps, but next week I'm going to pull the trigger!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:01 pm

Here is my situation. On about July 26, I applied for the AA Biz card under the 35K offer. I got the response they needed time. A week or so later the 75K offer came out. I called and cancelled my business application. I applied and got the 75K Visa. It's been over 60 days but now I'm hearing 90 for the Business account. Do I stand a chance applying for the Business card since I never had an application go through?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:22 pm
Suspended

delete
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:38 pm

Delete

Last edited by Milezjunkie; Oct 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by julielou2
I received a quick e-mail response on my two open applications on 9/25. Both e-mails (I applied for the personal visa and amex) read in part, "Thank you for applying...we are unable to approve your request...because...you have filed for bankruptcy." That is big time news to me! I have never filed for bankruptcy (in my current reincarnation)! I followed the instructions on the letter to dispute the decision. First thing I had to do was request my Experian credit report and ask them to clean up my credit report, since Citi used that report to make their decision. Of course, there is nothing that needs to be corrected. No where on the report does it reference that I filed for bankruptcy. The Experian document specifically states that under public records, "No potentially negative credit items appear on my report." Under credit items the same thing is stated. Now I have to forward my credit report to Citi and ask for a re-evaluation of their decision. I've got to decide if disputing and asking for a re-evaluation is worth it (yeah, it is). I can only hope they will re-evaluate, approve me for both, and still give me my 75,000 bonus miles. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. If they re-evaluate both applications and approve maybe I can slide by with two 75,000 bonus offers. I can only hope. I'll let you folks know what happens.
I love quoting myself! Anyway...I received a phone call from Citi today. They re-reviewed my AA Amex application, the credit report I mailed them, apologized for the inconvenience, and approved me for the Citi AA Amex with a $9000 credit limit. The person who called confirmed that I will receive the 75,000 mile bonus if I spend $1500 in six months. I did not ask about my other application (I had applied also for the Citi AA Visa on the same day as the Amex and received the same declination e-mail). I'm hoping since I mailed documentation for both applications in separate envelopes that both will be reviewed separately and both will be approved. I'll let you know about the second application when I hear.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Got the Business card miles today: 50K first use + 50K $10K in purchases. I really do have a business (albeit very small), so it was easy to divert some purchases to that card.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:35 pm

Sorry if you have posted this before.
I tried to find the 75,000 offer online and can only find 30,000.
Does anyone have the link for the offer?
Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:37 pm

citi card

Sorry if you have posted this before.
I tried to find the 75,000 offer online and can only find 30,000.
Does anyone have the link for the offer?
Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:41 pm
In memoriam

See post 2 in this thread. @:-)
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
See post 2 in this thread. @:-)
Actually, I don't think those links work anymore.

Why don't you try the ones over here.

Edit: Or I could be wrong and those links on Post 2 are good/have been fixed, haha!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
HELP! Just got this email, anyone have any idea what I can do?

Thank you for applying for the Citi Select(R) / AAdvantage(R)
American Express(R) account. Unfortunately, we are unable
to approve your request for the account at this time because
of the following:

o Too few satisfactory credit references were recorded on
your credit bureau report.

I have one B of A Visa since 1987 and a US Mastercard since this Feb, both paid monthly on time and my Equifax report said I had a Fico of 810. Why isn't this good enough? I don't care if they give me a small limit, I just want the miles.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: All, but no status!
You could try calling them and asking for reconsideration, but it sounds like you have an awfully thin credit file -- 2 cards in the past 23 years? Have you had any other credit, like personal loans, car loans, mortgage?

To make yourself seem like a better credit risk, you would probably do well to expand your use of credit -- remember that a FICO score is just a formulaic number.

I'd bet if you called and asked for reconsideration, you could get them to come around though. I'm not sure if the phone number for the reconsideration desk is in this thread, but the BA 100k Visa thread has a link somewhere to a comprehensive list of phone numbers from some kind of credit boards.

Originally Posted by Tiki
HELP! Just got this email, anyone have any idea what I can do?

Thank you for applying for the Citi Select(R) / AAdvantage(R)
American Express(R) account. Unfortunately, we are unable
to approve your request for the account at this time because
of the following:

o Too few satisfactory credit references were recorded on
your credit bureau report.

I have one B of A Visa since 1987 and a US Mastercard since this Feb, both paid monthly on time and my Equifax report said I had a Fico of 810. Why isn't this good enough? I don't care if they give me a small limit, I just want the miles.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Golden Sparrow
Actually, I don't think those links work anymore.

Why don't you try the ones over here.

Edit: Or I could be wrong and those links on Post 2 are good/have been fixed, haha!
If you bothered to look, they links are exactly the same. Everyone has the same app pages floating around. The offer pages are different, but they take you to the same app page.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, Citi AA, Citi PPE
Got the 75,000 business miles yesterday for the business visa card. Did the $1500 spend in first cycle. Originally applied online Aug 24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.