Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SEN eVouchers on other *A carriers

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, AB Plat, IC Amb, HH Dia, *W Plat, MR Gold, CC Conc., Accor Gold
Question Using SEN eVouchers on other *A carriers

I was just reading "The "How to upgrade on *A carriers" thread and noticed there seems to be some information missing regarding SEN eVouchers.

The thread says you can use them on the following carriers:
LH, OS, LO, UA

First, I wondered why LX is not on the list.
Then, I read about eVouchers on the M&M website, which says the following:
What is an eVoucher?
An eVoucher is an electronic voucher for an upgrade. When combined with a full fare paid ticket, you can - fly one class higher on a continental route for one eVoucher - claim an upgrade on an intercontinental route for two eVouchers eVouchers are not transferable, but can be spent on accompanying persons. eVouchers have no time limit on them. They can be used with the following airlines:
- Adria Airways
- Air Dolomiti
- All Nippon Airlines
- Austrian Airlines Group*
- Croatia Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines*
- Lufthansa*
- Lufthansa Regional
- Singapore Airlines
- SWISS
- United
* Can be booked online
(see here)

I was quite surprised to see some of the airlines above... e.g. Singapore Airlines?!

Does anybody know what preconditions there are for using eVouchers on these carriers, e.g. are there any booking classes you need to book before you can upgrade with one?
Old May 2, 2009, 6:57 am

I'm not aware of the booking class requirement, so I hope someone else knows, but this could not have been a long time policy (or I was incorrectly informed by the HON Service). This is because I was told that only miles could be used for my recent EWR-SIN trip, and my eVouchers could only be used on LH and LX only.
Old May 2, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Its been around for at least a year, I think. Same booking class requirements as *A upgrades using miles.
Old May 2, 2009, 9:53 am

Darn the HON service member who told me otherwise. I guess I just wasted my M&M miles for nothing.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by ayeleswarapu
Darn the HON service member who told me otherwise. I guess I just wasted my M&M miles for nothing.
Not for nothing, they did upgrade you for your miles !
Old May 2, 2009, 11:10 am

True... it's not like my friend, who just booked a reward J class reservation on AI, and once he got to the airport, found out that AI had oversold the flight, and was bumped to Y, since the rest were rev. J passengers.
Old May 2, 2009, 11:19 am
hch

True... it's not like my friend, who just booked a reward J class reservation on AI, and once he got to the airport, found out that AI had oversold the flight, and was bumped to Y, since the rest were rev. J passengers.
Did the itinerary touch the EU? In that case he is intitled to the quite hefty downgrade compensation from the EU passenger rights.
Old May 2, 2009, 11:36 am

He did transit through CDG. How would we find out more about this compensation? And does it matter that it was a non-rev ticket?
Old May 2, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: LH, SA, AA
And does it matter that it was a non-rev ticket?
It doesn't matter - the EU-regulation doesn't differentiate between tickets paid for in miles or cash.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bet you it was friends and family of the crew that got his seat.
AI is notorious for these kind of shenanigans !
Old May 2, 2009, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.......This is because I was told that only miles could be used for my recent EWR-SIN trip, and my eVouchers could only be used on LH and LX only.
Something is amiss here. eVouchers are upgrade vouchers. EWR-SIN flight is one class C only. How can you upgrade on one class flights?
Old May 2, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Something is amiss here. eVouchers are upgrade vouchers. EWR-SIN flight is one class C only. How can you upgrade on one class flights?
It used to be 2 class though some time ago.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:28 pm

While it used to be 2 class, this was just a few weeks ago. That 2 class to 1 class transition happened last July (but good guess nevertheless) . My situation was actually EWR-FRA-SIN (I refer to my trips with the start and end, usually don't include stops).
Old May 3, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And he believed that crap? The one time in my life that I flew AI - which was in Biz fortunately - they tried to shove us back into Y with the very same argument - that everyone else paid for C and later that everyone else was full fare.

I was a young flyer then and did not not even contemplate to go back to Y. So all worked out fine. But I still hate AI with a vengeance.
Old May 3, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by reichert
..Does anybody know what preconditions there are for using eVouchers on these carriers, e.g. are there any booking classes you need to book before you can upgrade with one?
For the non-M&M *A carriers the fares need to be B,Y,D, or C.

Good for Biz->F upgrades. Coach to Biz only makes sense from carriers which have low bucket Bs such as SQ or OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.