Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

lh.com now recognizes status and allows choosing exit rows online in Y!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lh.com now recognizes status and allows choosing exit rows online in Y!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Thumbs up lh.com now recognizes status and allows choosing exit rows online in Y!

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by andre1970
You can always reserve them online during the booking process, don't have to wait for the 23hrs window, don't have to give a call to the HON/SEN line.
Do you mean when booking on lh.com? I didn't realise their booking site could recognise the HON/SEN status.
Yep! Seems there is a real enhancement:

Tried a couple of dummy bookings on lh.com with my SEN number and without, and figured that now it is possible to reserve an exit row in Y at the time of booking, i.e., without having to call the hotline.

Most remarkably, right now, even 33A and 33K (on a 744) are available to be selected on the seatmap.

I hope this is news to most of you. I haven't tried to book a Y seat for quite a while, so I don't know if this is known to everyone.

Mods, please merge if this is stale news, or if, by mistake, I gave away any precious FT secret.

Otherwise, everyone interested, enjoy!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Never manged to do so online, always had to call. Would be nice but then it doesn't mean you will keep the seat.

For the last 3 FRA-SIN flights (incl. tonights) I had issues with my 32C seat being taken away from me and then I had to put up a fight at the gate to get it back. Every time I was traveling from an outstation (CDG, VIE, MAD) to FRA and OLCI wouldn't work and at the outstation they couldnt issue my onward BP.

According to the F check-in lady in Term A this happens quite frequently and they are not sure why. well the two times before I manged to get 32C back after applying some pressure and proving I had it pre-reserved. Tonight no such luck - they gave me 27K instead (op-up due to over sold flight). Now that I don't mind.

Cheers ...
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the information andre1970 ^ Its hard to believe that they actually improve their IT but you never know
Old Mar 28, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Other *A or just LH ?

Does LH.com recognize Star Alliance elite status too (e.g. UA PE or 1K) for exit row seating or LH only ?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skylarnyc
Does LH.com recognize Star Alliance elite status too (e.g. UA PE or 1K) for exit row seating or LH only ?
It won't work with my 1K number

Maybe it works with yours? You can try it for yourself!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by skylarnyc
Exit row seating is a LH HON/SEN benefit, so even if LH.com does recognize your status, you're not eligible.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by totti
Thanks for the information andre1970 ^ Its hard to believe that they actually improve their IT but you never know
Yes, indeed. BTW, row 83 is available to everyone, regardless of status.

Edited: Or, it was like that until yesterday. Today, I tried row 83 for both revenue and award bookings, with or without SEN number and row 83 seems blocked again! Y exit rows are still available though...

Last edited by andre1970; Mar 28, 2009 at 7:52 am
Old Mar 28, 2009, 3:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for posting this information. ^

I wonder how this feature works in C?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Booked a TATL in S and managed to select exit row seats (30A on 343 and 32B on 744) during online booking. But when a confirmation pdf arrived the assigned seats had mysteriously turned into 20C and 28C (the first row of the extra Y section immediately behind C).

A quick phone call to the SEN line restored ASR for the exit row but why offer the option to reserve these seats if requests are ignored anyway? Has anyone else had similar experience?

BTW on the seatmap during online booking 32C appeared to be reserved but on CMT and EF 32C is free.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
for some reason on-line ASR at the time of booking isn't possible for award bookings. Anyone know why?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ptr120
Anyone know why?
LH IT?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Booked a TATL in S and managed to select exit row seats (30A on 343 and 32B on 744) during online booking. But when a confirmation pdf arrived the assigned seats had mysteriously turned into 20C and 28C (the first row of the extra Y section immediately behind C).

A quick phone call to the SEN line restored ASR for the exit row but why offer the option to reserve these seats if requests are ignored anyway? Has anyone else had similar experience?

BTW on the seatmap during online booking 32C appeared to be reserved but on CMT and EF 32C is free.
I had a similar experience two weeks ago. Booked myself and Mrs Pilatusguy MUC-HKG, Emergency Exit seats were confirmed for both of us online. When the PDF arrived they left me there but moved the Mrs to the back of the plane. Called the SEN Line (the lady was surprisingly friendly, a first for me...) who couldn't do anything about it. I have now moved as well to sit with her

So be careful when booking for a status and non-status pax together or you might end up in different areas of the plane.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Called the SEN Line (the lady was surprisingly friendly, a first for me...) who couldn't do anything about it. I have now moved as well to sit with her

So be careful when booking for a status and non-status pax together or you might end up in different areas of the plane.
This rule was confirmed at the time of the SEN/HON in exit row fiasco about a year ago. I'll be flying on my own but they tried to move me to another seat.

The seats in the extra Y section are all marked premium and they seem to be trying to fill that section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.