Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Guide Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The Miles and More Guide Feedback Thread

This thread is intended for any comments, suggestions, criticisms and feedback that you have on the Miles and More Guide thread located here.

If you want to add a new topic feel free to PM one of us and write a draft for the new post to be included in the guide.

Enjoy
The M&M Guide Team
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Hi there!

I know that some links are not working properly because I used the wrong ""

I'll fix that soon. Thanks for your understanding
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:30 am
hch

Team Lufthansa doesn't exist anymore for a long time (2004 IIRC). The branding for all regional operators including Cityline is "Lufthansa Regional".

Someone mentioned MUC FCL doesn't allow HONs without same day *A flight in anymore. Note that I'm not sure about the rules, but it never has been a problem to get a guest without a *A flight in.

Only the CDG SEN lounge is mentioned as non-*G but STR, LHR and I think HAM should be mentioned aswell.

The lounge access section could use some clarifications. It mentiones this is LH lounges only it would be worth mentioning the OS/LX rules aswell. Especially that SEN/HON still need a same day *A flight.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
Originally Posted by hch
Only the CDG SEN lounge is mentioned as non-*G but STR, LHR and I think HAM should be mentioned aswell.
After the last renovation the SEN lounge in HAM is *G too and AFAIK it´s the same in STR. At least a friend of mine was able to enter with his *G card.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: Stuff
Thumbs up

Can I just say thanks!

I know it's work in progress but even in it's current embryonic state it's incredibly handy for us LH newbies... Flying LH F (well, O actually, I guess) in June so keen to cram ahead of then... ^
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:33 pm

Thanks! Great work! ^
pcf
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hch
Team Lufthansa doesn't exist anymore for a long time (2004 IIRC). The branding for all regional operators including Cityline is "Lufthansa Regional".

Someone mentioned MUC FCL doesn't allow HONs without same day *A flight in anymore. Note that I'm not sure about the rules, but it never has been a problem to get a guest without a *A flight in.

The lounge access section could use some clarifications. It mentiones this is LH lounges only it would be worth mentioning the OS/LX rules aswell. Especially that SEN/HON still need a same day *A flight.
Originally Posted by mijugo
After the last renovation the SEN lounge in HAM is *G too and AFAIK it´s the same in STR. At least a friend of mine was able to enter with his *G card.
Thanks for this information. Will include it and update the guide.

Can someone shed some more light on this issue, especially LHR and current state at STR?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Last time I flew LH out of LHR the SEN side was not available for *G. I'll check again next week.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Hi totti,

just a little comment from me:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....72&postcount=4
"The List of Miles and More promotions hosted by bau31888"
The thread is now hosted by crossings.

Thanks for the guide ^
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I have updated the post.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:51 am
hch

Just checked and the SEN lounge in STR is indeed open to *G now.
Old May 6, 2008, 6:25 am

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
LH Contact Details

Thanks for the effort Totti... a compact and useful hitchhiker's guide ^

Actually, I dare to ask whether it would make any sense to add LH's 'customer service' and espacially premium call center phone numbers by country.

One can face tremendous phone charges when calling the German +49 180 XXXX from abroad. I also remember some fellow - has it been TFM ?? - stating there's a Skype contact option into LH's 'customer services'.

Or am I entirely wrong, asking for something that already exists in here ?

Cheers,

Michael
Old May 6, 2008, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Well, there's always http://www.tk-anbieter.de/0180/suche.html
Old May 20, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Starwood lets you purchase up to 100,000 points per year.
AFAIK current limit is 20k annually = 700 US$ = 25k M&M Miles (=0.028 US$)

Buying M&M Miles via Marriott is also possible but more complicated and more expensive (if not done right) than via SPG, so not sure if it does make sense to post it in the M&M guide.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH:SEN; HH:Diamond; SGP:Platinum; PC:Gold
It might be very useful to have list of all DIRECT LH/LX/OS/LO destinations (without code-shares) when you plan your award trip and want to use Companion Award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.