Wiki Posts
Search

LH 444/445 on 3-Class metal but 2-Class Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
LH 444/445 on 3-Class metal but 2-Class Service

Was just wondering if anybody has experienced a similar setting yet? I was flying LH 445 (ATL-FRA) last week, and they had changed the metal to an A340 with F-Class. Since the route is only served with 2-Class service, I enjoyed 1A without the F-Service guessing it must be a one time short-notice metal change...but flying out on LH 444 tomorrow, its the same setting again (seated up-front in F with C-Service). Not that I would complain....

If it would be short before another winter/summer schedule change, someone could argue they already operated under the new schedule...but right now. Anybody has insights? Are they that short on aircrafts right now?

cheers
HON_Hunter
Old Nov 26, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by HON_Hunter
Was just wondering if anybody has experienced a similar setting yet? I was flying LH 445 (ATL-FRA) last week, and they had changed the metal to an A340 with F-Class. Since the route is only served with 2-Class service, I enjoyed 1A without the F-Service guessing it must be a one time short-notice metal change...but flying out on LH 444 tomorrow, its the same setting again (seated up-front in F with C-Service). Not that I would complain....

If it would be short before another winter/summer schedule change, someone could argue they already operated under the new schedule...but right now. Anybody has insights? Are they that short on aircrafts right now?

cheers
HON_Hunter
I had the same early October on LH439 DFW-FRA.... I enjoyed the flight in 2A with C service. Makes flights with old C configuration very bearable.......During the summer there was "officially" no F on that flight but for a few weeks they had the setup described by you.... Since November it is back to three class with F Service....

Cheers, S
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:25 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I and the fam were on the flight 444 out of FRA on Monday as well. VDB for $2000 euros and confirmed on Delta instead. The last 3x we've flown FRA to ATL on LH we've been handsomely rewarded. I like this...a lot.

The gate agent did say it was 2 class service from here till December. None of them had a great reason why really but just said it was the current config of the plane that makes that daily run.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
(...)If it would be short before another winter/summer schedule change, someone could argue they already operated under the new schedule...but right now. Anybody has insights? Are they that short on aircrafts right now?

cheers
HON_Hunter
No insights, but a lot of indications, that they work hard on finally implementing new C to the rest of their longhaul fleet. That requires some creative metal planning during winter schedule.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:02 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
No insights, but a lot of indications, that they work hard on finally implementing new C to the rest of their longhaul fleet. That requires some creative metal planning during winter schedule.
the LH propaganda department promised new C to the whole fleet before the end of 2006, AFAIK. So, it's about time ^
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Was just wondering if anybody has experienced a similar setting yet?
Not on LH, but there are a lot of routes on many airlines where it is possible to get seat better than the class of service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.