Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free wi-fi in LH lounges starting July 1?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Free wi-fi in LH lounges starting July 1?

Someone may already have reported this in another thread, in which case sorry for the repeat, but this morning a lounge matron read me the May 2 internal e-mail that LH lounges worldwide would offer "complimentary" wi-fi starting July 1.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Finally. A step in the right direction.

Let's just hope that it won't lead to a surge in usage and a slowing down of connection speed. If they make it complementary by giving out vouchers they can still limit the number of users to those who have passed by the lounge desk. But if they just open it up to everyone then there will be many non-lounge pax in the corridors in front of lounges "free riding" on the offer.

Let's see.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

What about LX lounges?
Old May 18, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by creber
Let's just hope that it won't lead to a surge in usage and a slowing down of connection speed. If they make it complementary by giving out vouchers they can still limit the number of users to those who have passed by the lounge desk. But if they just open it up to everyone then there will be many non-lounge pax in the corridors in front of lounges "free riding" on the offer.
Not necessarily. Something in between is possible. A common practice in lounges with free wifi (e.g. SK) is that the password is widely available on small papers or on signs. (Inside the lounge...)
Old May 18, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Yeeeess great - at least I can try it out on my last day in Europe before my 6 months assignement in Singapore

(Still though would be perfect if i had already been impemented earlier just paid 4.95€ on Sunday at HAM SEN)
Old May 18, 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

What about LX lounges?
LX already offers free internet at Zurich. You just have to pick up a sunrise leaflet with the code at the desk.
Old May 18, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
+1 ^
Spending time during transit in DE will be much less a pain now hopefully
Old May 18, 2011, 4:23 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
April Fools' Day in May
Old May 20, 2011, 4:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I wonder if free internet in lounges started already? I wasn't asked for a T-Mobile user name and password in the FCL B.
Old May 21, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I wonder if free internet in lounges started already? I wasn't asked for a T-Mobile user name and password in the FCL B.
Maybe your device still had a cached userid from last time?

I was there Friday evening and needed the code.
Old May 21, 2011, 7:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by duncfly
Maybe your device still had a cached userid from last time?
I wondered about it too but I hadn't been in any LH lounge since January - only LX and NH lounges.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by 8420PR
LX already offers free internet at Zurich. You just have to pick up a sunrise leaflet with the code at the desk.
There is free wifi (for 1 hour) for all at GVA. If you need more, you can try picking up the BA lounge signal and getting the password by going into the BA lounge and asking a random question to the rather pleasant staff. The password is displayed at the reception desk.
Old May 24, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
I guess itys official
To enable LH lounge guests worldwide to use the full freedom of the internet, from 01JUL11, LH will be providing WLAN free of charge in its lounges. Whether they are resting in a Relax Chair or enjoying a snack in the bistro - guests can access the internet from any location.
From a freind - just waiting for it to be offfically announced on lh.com
My wish however is that I could access my passenger receipt! its still not available on lh.com but available on lx.com, ua.com, checkmytrip.com
go figure!
as for flynet sounds too expensive -i remember the old connexion by boeing - 1 hour or the whole longhaul-now that was nice, good value and very fast!

Last edited by cbourl; May 24, 2011 at 3:41 am Reason: typos!
Old May 24, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Yup, this is official - just passed through FRA earlier last week, and 2 of the 3 computers were down (what else is new ?) - the agents were assuring everyone that come July 1, all WiFi will be free.
Old May 24, 2011, 5:05 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+

Let's see.
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.