Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More: 20 million members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Miles & More: 20 million members

According to http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/news-...icle/1875.html M&M has now 20 Million members

"Lufthansa frequent flyers worldwide in 234 countries – 5,000 newcomers, daily
Europe’s leading frequent flyer programme Miles & More has set a new record. On Friday (11 February), the 20 millionth Miles & More member was fęted at a special ceremony at the Brussels headquarters of Brussels Airlines. During the ceremony, Brussels Airlines CEO Bernard Gustin and Hubert Frach, Marketing Manager of Lufthansa Passenger Airlines presented Laurent Schmidt, CEO of a Belgian company, with a valuable digital camera from the attractive range of brand products offered by the Lufthansa Worldshop and a mileage voucher for 50,000 award miles.

Miles & More’s 20 million members come from 234 countries, worldwide, about a third of them from Germany. On average, 5,000 new members sign up for the programme, daily. A Miles & More card is used an average of 150,000 times, daily, across the globe. About 1,7 million awards are redeemed yearly. Miles & More has more than 250 partners, with which members can accrue or redeem mile credits."
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by rotanes
About 1,7 million awards are redeemed yearly...
considering that numbers and the total amount of members i would say availability is pretty fantastic...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by sentom
considering that numbers and the total amount of members i would say availability is pretty fantastic...
yeah.... one award every 11th year
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I assume in "awards" they include other things other than flights, such as Worldshop, and other redemption options.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by sentom
Just like the airline itself...D
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by tomekp
yeah.... one award every 11th year
Don't forget most people collect very few miles each year. We're the outliers flying as much as we do (and finding other ways to gain credit for lots of miles).
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Don't forget most people collect very few miles each year. We're the outliers flying as much as we do (and finding other ways to gain credit for lots of miles).
Sure ... or maybe ... but then sentom's conclusion also is non sequitur.

The third possibility is - given the track record - that it is the usual lie / gross exaggeration M&M always tries to feed its (perceived) idiot customers.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
The third possibility is - given the track record - that it is the usual lie / gross exaggeration M&M always tries to feed its (perceived) idiot customers.
Sadly, IME, your assessment if pretty accurate, weero. Just looking at the latest award increases and the timeline that came along with.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Unfair.

I also collected 20 million reindeers in this game, and didn't even get one of the beach towels.

Originally Posted by rotanes
....with a valuable digital camera ...

Last edited by Van_Looy; Feb 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
I also collected 20 million reindeers in this game, and didn't even get one of the beach towels.

Where's the "Like" button?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.