Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH in Europe - downgraded catering (J+Y) 2011 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover
But you got hot snacks both ways?
Yes, hot. Quantity wise it was between snack and meal.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Where's the (in)famous potato salad?
Look at my post#3 in this thread: MUC-IST vv seems to be level five, potato salad is level three.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Look at my post#3 in this thread: MUC-IST vv seems to be level five, potato salad is level three.
How do different levels relate to the modules discussed here?

I'll stick to LH flights operated by BMI as long as they last.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Anyone know what level of service is given on Frankfurt-Moscow flights, in economy? Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The food served on NEK routes can be checked here: http://www.lufthansa-europakomfort.c...dfinder/?lc=en

I don't know for sure if they have 5 or 6 levels in economy, business definitely only has 4 levels.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
The food served on NEK routes can be checked here: http://www.lufthansa-europakomfort.c...dfinder/?lc=en

I don't know for sure if they have 5 or 6 levels in economy, business definitely only has 4 levels.
Great website, thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Last night's TXL-BHX featured a goodie bag in Y, there was a choice of ham roof tile or cheese roof tile. You also got an apple, a tiny chocolate bear and a cough sweet.

However, the Currywurst in the SEN lounge sorted me out, but I will make a note to feed myself before any BHX-TXL flights.
Pictures below from TXL-MAN yesterday morning. The previous flight, MAN-TXL had a yoghurt instead of an apple.

Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by iainbhx
Last night's TXL-BHX featured a goodie bag in Y, there was a choice of ham roof tile or cheese roof tile. You also got an apple, a tiny chocolate bear and a cough sweet.
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Pictures below from TXL-MAN yesterday morning. The previous flight, MAN-TXL had a yoghurt instead of an apple.
Good to know there's consistency! ^
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:04 am

C Level 2 Breakfast observed on MUC-BRU last week:

Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:00 am

This looks weird!

C meal served on FRA-LEJ.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:17 am

MUC-ARN in the morning is a yoghurt fruit salad:

Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
MUC-ARN in the morning is a yoghurt fruit salad:
Did you already start eating before taking the pic or was it taken at a weird angle because the last time I had one of those, I clearly remember that the fruit side was filled to the top!!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:38 pm

I got a croissant today on the 18:00 flight FRA-AMS (LH998).

Last edited by fivesixseven; Jul 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:06 pm

I really don't understand why C in Europe is in such a bad state.

Seats = generally same a Y, if not the same size, with middle blocked.
Meals = slightly better (slightly). On QF J, l get a pre-departure drink, on my 2 short LH actors, nothing.

Generous luggage allowance (honestly, l can count on 1 hand how many times l've maxed out my luggage, so it's a moot point for me), lounge access (and the lounges aren't anything to write home about either) and more points earned are the only benefits I see, for around 500 Euro more. Crazy.

Last edited by Oneworldplus2; Jul 25, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Oneworldplus2
I really don't understand why C in Europe is in such a bad state.

Seats = generally same a Y, if not the same size, with middle blocked.
Meals = slightly better (slightly). On QF J, l get a pre-departure drink, on my 2 short LH actors, nothing.

Generous luggage allowance (honestly, l can count on 1 hand how many times l've maxed out my luggage, so it's a moot point for me), lounge access (and the lounges aren't anything to write home about either) and more points earned are the only benefits I see, for around 500 Euro more. Crazy.
In terms of hardware offering it really is down to the fact that most European regional flights are less than 3hrs in length with high fluctuations on C:Y load ratios across different destinations and even times of day, hence the creation of the much loathed flexible CY seat with movable cabin dividers.

Compare this to say QF as you mentioned and you'll see that QF rotates their 738s on much longer sectors that included even DPS and IIRC also SIN once upon a time so having a proper C class seat is vital for fleet commonality. However, at the same time, even QF can be accused of using those dreaded convertible seats, which are found on their 734s and without cabin class dividers at that!!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by hamallu
In terms of hardware offering it really is down to the fact that most European regional flights are less than 3hrs in length with high fluctuations on C:Y load ratios across different destinations and even times of day, hence the creation of the much loathed flexible CY seat with movable cabin dividers.

Compare this to say QF as you mentioned and you'll see that QF rotates their 738s on much longer sectors that included even DPS and IIRC also SIN once upon a time so having a proper C class seat is vital for fleet commonality. However, at the same time, even QF can be accused of using those dreaded convertible seats, which are found on their 734s and without cabin class dividers at that!!
Yes, very valid points.
Not saying that QF is perfect (far from it), just the last few BA, LH and even MA (once upon a time), J class is very ordinary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.