Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH400 C-class seat map [LH new new C test]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:40 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'll be happy if LH catch up with the rest of the industry and install the current generation fully-flat business seat.
Be careful. B/E advertises on their site their premium C seat which achieves a 78" flat bed in a 60" pitch. In other words, its sloped.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Be careful. B/E advertises on their site their premium C seat which achieves a 78" flat bed in a 60" pitch. In other words, its sloped.

You mean like this one? (JAL minipod) Not sure if it's fully-flat. (p.s. apparently not...)

Or this one? (Emirates) I believe they have so many different Business seats I've no idea if this is meant to go fully-flat.

And UA with some seats facing backwards.

If you look at this one carefully (Continental Diamond) your feet go under the seat in front of you.

And the following text gives it away.
Fully Flat At 60 Inches
B/E Aerospace’s latest business class product, Diamond®, is a full-flat seat designed for maximum density and living space. With its patented innovations, Diamond® achieves a 78” fully flat bed surface at 60” pitch, employs ergonomic seat actuation and multiple, easy-to-reach amenities to deliver a truly unique business class product.
Or do you think the next generation (as opposed to "latest") will be back to slippery slope?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 17, 2011 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Or this one? (Emirates) I believe they have so many different Business seats I've no idea if this is meant to go fully-flat.
On the 777, EK's C seat is nearly fully flat. I think there is a slight angle, but it is hardly noticeable. It is fully flat, as I understand it, on their A380.

By the way, that screen shot looks horrible. Those are not the actual colors. The actual seat is very nice to sit/lounge/sleep in and looks pleasing as well.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
On the 777, EK's C seat is nearly fully flat. I think there is a slight angle, but it is hardly noticeable. It is fully flat, as I understand it, on their A380.

By the way, that screen shot looks horrible. Those are not the actual colors. The actual seat is very nice to sit/lounge/sleep in and looks pleasing as well.
Only EK's A380 C seat is fully flat.
The 777 C seat (on aircraft with suites in F) has an angle and it is noticeable.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
From all the (non-public) trip reports that I read the test version was fully flat, but the test run revealed that it was too narrow in perception which they have now corrected.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by cbourl
Gee I really liked the full flat bed - I did not find it too narrow at all - now when I comparte the seats on trial to the LX C flatbeds or the UA C flatbeds - I think they are narrow! If you want a really wide seat/flatbed I'm afraid you'll just have to fly first class - one would think there has to be some distinction between C and F in terms of the hard product
Even if C were fully flat there is still a distinction between C and F. In F you don't have to deal with a seatmate, much better catering, smaller cabin, better service. Etc... I wouldn't pay the $ difference between C and F, but for redeeming miles it's close enough that it's worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.