Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by whakojacko
Then why didnt JFK-DPS require a DL codeshare all the way to Asia?
It did require a DL coded flight between Area 1 and Area 2 (Europe and Africa). I believe that if you are transiting multiple IATA areas then usually only the trans-oceanic crossing has to be validating carrier coded. There is likely a more correct definition than that though.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by qasr
That's not fair! ... What about if I call up DL and ask them to codeshare on SQ's ICN-SFO, would that work? ^
Now now qasr, I know you know a lot better than that! Then again, given how minted you are they might just listen!!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whakojacko
......why didnt JFK-DPS require a DL codeshare all the way to Asia?
JFK-DPS DL was a transatlantic fare. It only requires a DL coded flight across the Atlantic. @:-) Most FTers booked DL coded, AF operated JFK-CDG.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Way to go and get creative. The routings that had KE metal between deep SE Asia and N Asia turned me off. For anyone flying these, it's a terrible seat, they serve a dinner, crank the hell out of the heat and then wake you for breakfast a few hours later. It was a decent form of torture the one time I took them. The 77W by contrast, you arrive in ICN rested and ready for a late dinner.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
woo hoo - also got in on this one routing KUL-SQ-SIN-SQ-ICN-KE-LAX-AC-YVR

I'm a bit stoked for the SQ 77W!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
woo hoo - also got in on this one routing KUL-SQ-SIN-SQ-ICN-KE-LAX-AC-YVR

I'm a bit stoked for the SQ 77W!
^ I tried to make it work that way but it kept giving me SQ602 on the 772.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by stephem
Way to go and get creative. The routings that had KE metal between deep SE Asia and N Asia turned me off. For anyone flying these, it's a terrible seat, they serve a dinner, crank the hell out of the heat and then wake you for breakfast a few hours later. It was a decent form of torture the one time I took them. The 77W by contrast, you arrive in ICN rested and ready for a late dinner.
No, KE on these is worse than that--ex-BKK, you get nothing on departure, then (actually a very good) breakfast--but it's a 5-hour flight and the seat, while slightly better than Domestic F in the US, is horrible and old. IIRC, there may not be AVOD either?

Last edited by kyushuman; Apr 22, 2009 at 5:27 am
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, SPG Gold,NW GE
Thanks to the OP I can get home from CMB in comfort. UA and even NW have jumped considerably from CMB. And a few days in KL should be fun.
However, I cannot get an SQ leg to show up so all the way on KE. Any advice appreciated!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
I can see some fares coming up on ITA for the fare basis 1 way, but the return leg costing an arm and a leg

Can't seem to price it for a rt though.. anyone managing to get dates so late in the game?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Never mind...not necessary...
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:12 am
jhm

Originally Posted by gbsfo
I believe that if you are transiting multiple IATA areas then usually only the trans-oceanic crossing has to be validating carrier coded. There is likely a more correct definition than that though.
AFAIK, that's the general rule only for routings to/from the US/CA. Everything else is different.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Smile fly on MH for the same price

Malaysia Airlines claim that they'll price-match any biz itinerary .
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/MHStimulus/terms.html

so if you find the dates you want on the Deltacious KUL-YYZ but you don't care for the routing or the connection times. fly it on MH
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
MH does not belong to an alliance, though.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
MH does not belong to an alliance, though.
These flights are ex-KUL (that's in Malaysia, by the way)
Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier and has it's own Enrich Scheme.

This might shock you, but there are people in the world who live outside the USA and, shock-horror, they also do mileage-runs
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by werldporks
This flights are ex-KUL
Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier and has it's own Enrich Scheme.

This might shock you, but there are people in the world who live outside the USA and, shock-horror, they also do mileage-runs

What are you talking about?

Do you think only those in the USA like to gain status in one of the three worldwide airline alliances?

Calm down. You are not the only one who knows what Malaysia is. @:-)
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Let's keep discussion to premium fares earning status and/or miles on alliances (or FFPs if you prefer), rather than making this a personal comments thread.

[I personally love travelling on MH, but with some work, it's possible to fly on SQ or others, which would be my first choice. I'd definitely prefer MH to KE, though. ]

Cheers,
BiziBB
Moderator, Mileage Run forums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.