Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: JFK/BOS to DPS/CGK/MNL via Europe - 1482 USD ++ - Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: JFK/BOS to DPS/CGK/MNL via Europe - 1482 USD ++ - Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by GreenFireflyer
SQ, that'd be sweet. Trying to make it work *A. Note: I read somewhere that SQ charges an extra fee for some 77W flights once confirmed. But...not sure if that is correct. I've been in D, with no problem.
yea, no luck so far. This also seems bookable on Travelocity, which is also incapable of doing any interesting routings
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whakojacko
Edit: JFK-CDG-SIN-DPS-SIN-CDG-JFK w/ CDG-SIN-DPS & reverse on SQ, SIN-CDG and CDG-SIN on A380? Cant come close to booking though
I've had exp show me the SQ segments. I was using dates in May from BOS.
I tried June when the 380 starts CDG and SQ didn't show up.
Also available from BUF for about $100 more.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Guys sorry to ask again but.... Is it possible to change the dates after ticketing without repricing? Rules are confusing to me.
Thank you
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
heramato - I would say...maybe, but I'm almost positive you will NOT be able to change your 1st outbound flight. Depending on how this plays out, if you can book successfully, you're lucky if the airlines honor it and you get to fly. Refares and cancellations are possibilities. At least AZ isn't involved this go around. Glad to see you are posting here though, and thus following the #1 FT rule - Do NOT call the airlines, especially while the wheel is still in spin...
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by heramato
Guys sorry to ask again but.... Is it possible to change the dates after ticketing without repricing? Rules are confusing to me.
Thank you
I also would like clarifications on this. Also-this fare gives a TON of routings-All of these are showing up on ITA for $1950-$2200 range:
CDG-DOH-KUL-DPS-KUL-DOH-CDG on QR
CDG-NRT-DPS-NRT-CDG on JL
(with the CDG-JFK on AF)

edit:greenfireflyer it seemed (maybe) refundable? If so, I might as well buy one anyways. Too bad none of these will book
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by heramato
Thank you
No changes to outbound. You should be able to change the return. Changing the outbound would trigger reprice using fares in place at the time.

Just an FYI to all. While stopovers are free, putting any in will trigger a HIP check and the price will skyrocket. Connections <24hrs are fine.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by gbsfo

Just an FYI to all. While stopovers are free, putting any in will trigger a HIP check and the price will skyrocket. Connections <24hrs are fine.
Okay, let me ask you.

My outbound routing is JFK-CDG-HKG-DPS, where my layover in CDG is 1 hour. Is there anyway I could take 1 day in CDG without causing a HIP check? My inbound arrives at 1230pm and my HKG flight departs at 130pm--(Im assuming the same terminal?)
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Okay, let me ask you.

My outbound routing is JFK-CDG-HKG-DPS, where my layover in CDG is 1 hour. Is there anyway I could take 1 day in CDG without causing a HIP check? My inbound arrives at 1230pm and my HKG flight departs at 130pm--(Im assuming the same terminal?)
You cannot take more than 24hrs between flights. You could take a later flight from JFK-CDG such that you have a long overnight connection in CDG e.g. arrive 4pm and depart the following day at 1:30 pm would be totally fine. Impossible to do >24hrs without HIP kicking in though.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GreenFireflyer
heramato - I would say...maybe, but I'm almost positive you will NOT be able to change your 1st outbound flight......
Spot on! ^ It is not the fare rules, it is an IATA rule.

The first segment establishes you origin and fare. Changing the first segment of an international ticket always requires repricing. If the fare still exists, the repriced fare will the same as before. Changes to subsequent segments are based on fare rules.

DO NOT call the airlines.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:47 pm

Managed to get 1 way on SQ333 ex-CDG on expedia. However, that uses 3 of the 5 multi-trip segments, which means I have to put dps-cdg,cdg-jfk for the others (stopping it at sin forces sin-fra-jfk, which prices out way higher)
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:50 pm

XP prices @ $2003:
JFK-DLopbyAF-CDG-AF-MAD 20h overnight stopover
MAD-JKopbyTG-BKK-TG-DPS
DPS-CX-HKG-CX-CDG 13h daytime stopover
CDG-DLopbyAF-JFK

Once again I find myself limited by XP's 5-segment interface.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by gbsfo
You cannot take more than 24hrs between flights. You could take a later flight from JFK-CDG such that you have a long overnight connection in CDG e.g. arrive 4pm and depart the following day at 1:30 pm would be totally fine. Impossible to do >24hrs without HIP kicking in though.
Am I going to need to Call (don't worry, not yet) Expedia to try and get on the earlier flight or AF(there is not a later one considering I am on the 11:50pm)?

Further, are they going to charge me to make this change as this is the initial flight of my itin?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
Am I going to need to Call (don't worry, not yet) Expedia to try and get on the earlier flight or AF(there is not a later one considering I am on the 11:50pm)?

Further, are they going to charge me to make this change as this is the initial flight of my itin?
They will charge you service fees no matter what. If the fare has gone up or gone completely you are out of luck as changing the first segment will reprice the entire ticket.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Further, are they going to charge me to make this change as this is the initial flight of my itin?
They will charge you a service fee and reprice the whole ticket since it is the first segment.@:-)
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by ikura
They will charge you service fees no matter what. If the fare has gone up or gone completely you are out of luck as changing the first segment will reprice the entire ticket.
Well, would it be a better strategy to wait until the day before the trip (or day of, for that matter) and just call AF or even go to the airport and see if they would be willing to put me on the earlier flight? I feel like if they have open seats in J on the earlier flight they wouldn't give me trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.