Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(DEAL GONE) UA from US-EUR < $300 AI FEB & MAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(DEAL GONE) UA from US-EUR < $300 AI FEB & MAR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM
Also works with AS/UA?

I was trying to get this to work from SEA: SEA-(US)-LAS-ORD-FRA-SFO-SEA.

PL came up with a list of itins, the lowest-priced being $612:

SEA-(AS642)-LAS-(UA1534)-ORD-(UA248)-DTW-(UA8777)-FRA-(UA901)-SFO-(UA479)-SEA

When I clicked thru on this itin, the price dropped to $402.

The only dates I tried were Feb 23 - Feb 26.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by boggs
Another dumb question - this earns ZERO miles, is that correct??
Not sure about UA, but the following is directly from the US website:

"Travel on scheduled passenger service flights qualifies for mileage credit with the exception of: (a) Dividend Miles awards, (b) unpublished charters, (c) industry-free or discount tickets including reduced fares for travel agents, (d) employee pass travel tickets, (e) roundtrip flight credit, (f) junket and barter travel, (g) bulk tickets (i.e. Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, etc.) and (h) all other complimentary travel."
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by BostonPaul
Not sure about UA, but the following is directly from the US website:

"Travel on scheduled passenger service flights qualifies for mileage credit with the exception of: (a) Dividend Miles awards, (b) unpublished charters, (c) industry-free or discount tickets including reduced fares for travel agents, (d) employee pass travel tickets, (e) roundtrip flight credit, (f) junket and barter travel, (g) bulk tickets (i.e. Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, etc.) and (h) all other complimentary travel."
If you do the 'bidding for tickets' on priceline, there are no miles. (opaque booking- without knowing the airline nor the specific flight times) This is not what is being spoken of in this thread.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
If you do the 'bidding for tickets' on priceline, there are no miles. (opaque booking- without knowing the airline nor the specific flight times) This is not what is being spoken of in this thread.
Thanks for the clarification - the US site is ambiguous at best.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt
Pardon the dumb question, but what's PL?
not a dumb question at all. i prefer english over flyertalk abbreviations, also.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I picked up a few questions in here where I dont want to spam the thread with single responses:

Frequent Flyer Numbers (Air Canada etc.): You cannot enter you FF number into the reservation with PL as long as its respective airline isnt one of the codeshares. You will have to call UA/US to put it in after ticketing.

Booking Code: This books in S on UA/LH

Pairing: I booked this deal completely on LH as well on UA for overseas travel (different tix ex LAX)

Other cities (specifically LAX): Everyone interested in fares ex LAX should refer to the specific thread on here as you will find more information there as long as the deal is still active.

If you cant find a fare that works for you try to price Multicity and add the last leg: XXX-PHL and hope its US Air. If you are willing just to drop that leg later

Mileage: These fares earn full miles (at least in programms that credit full miles for S-class) but keep in mind that if you use other *A programms, it doesnt matter what codeshare you book as the miles will be credited by the operating carrier !

Hope this helps
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Frequent Flyer Numbers (Air Canada etc.): You cannot enter you FF number into the reservation with PL as long as its respective airline isnt one of the codeshares. You will have to call UA/US to put it in after ticketing.
That was my question, thanks!

Woohoo, less than a month here and my first MR (well kinda.. going to enjoy Europe for a few days while I'm there) is already booked! ~10,000 miles at ~$270 a/i, sweet. See you guys in Germany in a few weeks
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: UA S
Any luck ex-Pit? I cant seem to find any US flights to UA hubs
Edit: ex-SFO in early-mid march would be fine too

Last edited by whakojacko; Feb 2, 2008 at 1:13 am
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
For Nova folks

I got it to work out of BWI (BWI-ORD-FRA and back) for $330.

Hmm, I wonder if US does the DCA-ORD sector anymore.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by whakojacko

I wholeheartedly second that.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by whakojacko
Any luck ex-Pit? I cant seem to find any US flights to UA hubs
I have booked 2 tickets ex-PIT with this deal (it has already been discussed in the UA to Germany thread). One was 1/26-27 and one 2/23-24, both to FRA, both for ~$280. As long as you pull up a connection through IAD or ORD, the price will go down on the itinerary selection screen. I used multicity (PIT-ORD, ORD-FRA, FRA-PIT, for example) to accomplish this. ORD connections yield more miles that IAD ones.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Dang wish I could make this work from SFO the best I can get is mid 400 ish.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage 1MM, Bonvoy, Hilton, IHG, Emerald (National), BA Emirates
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I picked up a few questions in here where I dont want to spam the thread with single responses:

If you cant find a fare that works for you try to price Multicity and add the last leg: XXX-PHL and hope its US Air. If you are willing just to drop that leg later

Hope this helps
I must not be creative enough, but I cannot find a way to make this work out of Louisville (SDF), IND or CVG.

But for my fellow Kentuckiana FTers, it does work as follows:

BWI-ORD
ORD-Europe
Europe-ORD
ORD-SDF

($303 for MUC, $312 to FRA, for example; AMS did not work)

...and you can fly to BWI on Southwest for only $69+

Best I can find. Wish I really wanted/needed the UA miles.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
2 more ?s

1. Has anyone booked this ex-anywhere in March?

2. Just a general PL ?, Do they offer any cancel/refund option for purchased flights? I checked the FAQ which did not look promising but figured I'd ask in case I missed something,
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Waaah??

I don't know what I am doing; but, when I paralell the information above; i.e. BWI-ORD-FRA-ORD-BWI 2/23-2/24. I get a message, on the itinerary page that the fare has "increased" and now $910 - Same thing ex: PIT "increased to $787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.