Search

40k eqm mile run

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
i will throw out the 2 day constraint
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:14 pm

3 cents per mile... good luck with that lol.

Why not come back to this at the end of the year once you've done the majority of your traveling? Then you have a better idea of how many miles you need to re-qualify for EXP.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Can't be done. You need 6 days in coach, best destinations are CGK on AA, SIN on UA or DL. This can be done for close to $1200.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

how? at best price rt on aa from nyc to cgk it's 575. Are there cheaper fares for mileage runs (according to your logic) @jbecket
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shayflyer11
how? at best price rt on aa from nyc to cgk it's 575. Are there cheaper fares for mileage runs (according to your logic) @jbecket
If you have 6 days and find $575 fares to CGK, you can accomplish what you want for $1150 with 2 trips to CGK. This is the best fare that you will find.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

yes but the problem is that those pesky eqds stop me from getting any status. Should I just fly one biz to asia to get my eqds for Exec Plat and earn the rest of the eqds needed?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:46 pm

How much do you travel? From what it looks like, you already have three One World Emerald statuses. Do you really need AA? Sure, you can buy a J or F class ticket to Asia, but will it be worth it? You're looking at spending, at a minimum, $6K for the PQD, flying on partner airlines in business.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

I travel a lot most of it is for work and my company pays for it. But this year I'm not travelling for my company as much instead of about 300k mile im going to fly 100k and thats on BA and Iberia, so not much help for worldwide flights so AA would be better to have for my personal travels. I have about 2 Million Award Miles in all of the airlines combined so I usually get my status first and than book Economy Award Tickets and than get upgraded to business. That way i'm maximizing miles.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:11 pm

Got it. So what's more important, reaching EQM or EQD? What are your stats right now?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

EQM, I can get EQDS with my mastercard Aviator Silver. My current stats are about 5k EQMS as I have not traveled much so far this year on AA (short domestic flights)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I don't get it, you are asking for 40K EQM for less than $1,200 but when someone tell you about JFK-CGK for $575 for 20K (1,150 total) you said you will be short with EQD, then you said you can get the rest of EQD with your Aviator Silver...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

yes, I realized later that I could fulfill my EQD limit with my Aviator Silver, Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

What I was originally asking (and still am) is does anyone know a mileage run thats not nyc-cgk that will get you 40k eqms?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shayflyer11
I travel a lot most of it is for work and my company pays for it. But this year I'm not travelling for my company as much instead of about 300k mile im going to fly 100k and thats on BA and Iberia, so not much help for worldwide flights so AA would be better to have for my personal travels. I have about 2 Million Award Miles in all of the airlines combined so I usually get my status first and than book Economy Award Tickets and than get upgraded to business. That way i'm maximizing miles.
You get upgraded on economy award tickets simply based on status? Are you talking about domestic or international? Are these OP-UP's? I believe AA is supposed to start offering domestic upgrades on award tickets this year (but have not done it yet), but I certainly would not count on it for international flights.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

yes what i mean is some times I will buy my upgrade or get upgraded automatically. Or on domestic flights I will be at the top of the upgrade list or I can use 500-mile upgrades or system wide upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.