Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SN: ATH-BOM 625eur RT business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SN: ATH-BOM 625eur RT business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Second this... I'd like to be a part of some list.. mlksqo has done a great job over the months ^
Originally Posted by avneeshj
I agree.
Agree ^

Would some form of Whatsapp group work instead? Still does not prevent the 'unwanted' bloggers from being added, of course.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: Plenty
Indeed great job,
maybe potential abusers of this new service should be condemmed to paying one million air miles :-) and to be published on the TOP 10 list of a newly created virtual pillory of flying addicts and milage runners....
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
... and now we have to wait to find out how the airline is going to handle its cock up ...

Yup...to be fair I'm a bit of a virgin when it comes to this what looks to be EF.
Cheapest I ever booked in J was a CPH fare to JFK in '15 for I believe 890 EUR, UA codeshare on LH Metal.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by armouredant View Post
I'm booked and ticketed. Thanks mlksqo for finding and posting it; please don't stop letting us know about them (perhaps some sort of members only mailing list? I don't know)

This elitist approach has been discussed ad infinitum on other threads, in other forums. It defeats completely the objectives of Flyertalk, and simply creates a selfish clique of potential users: in practice these would rather see opportunities go to waste than have them shared with the wider world.

For mistake fares have a natural life, and while exposure on blogs clearly extends the take up, it's not at all clear that it shortens the fares' lives to any significant degree.

There is, after all, a limit to the numbers willing and able to take up what is still a rather expensive fare after (likely) positioning and overnight costs are added in.

mlksqo is a much appreciated contributor to Flyertalk. I understand fully his frustration at seeing his tips diverted to other blogs, but that is simply the nature of our digital world. He, of course, must decide how and when he contributes.

But urging him to create a circle of acolytes, many of whom will have contributed little to our community, is anathema to what FT stands for.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mannen
Am I crazy to be considering leaving with the same plane as I arrived with? The flight arrives at 11:25pm and leaves again at 1:40am, is it even possible?
That's a difficult one. A turnround back to the destination is not a connection, so that (generally speaking) you are not regarded as a transfer passenger when it comes to visa requirements.

The opens up the prospect of having to enter India through Mumbai airport immigration, with the expense and delays that can entail, hoping to make check-in on the floor above.

Unless you are very clear about being able to transit between flights airside, I'd scrap this plan.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
@mannen: You are crazy: in Mumbai there is no way to make this happen, as you do not have an international transit flight. You will hape to go through immigrations (answer some stupid questions about the length of your stay) and then go back to the departure area.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: VS, B.A
id be quite interested in knowing how people find these sorts of deals? im willing to help as i have GDS access on a daily basis however just looking to and from random airports all day cant be how contributors find these?

in the 6 years in the industry ive come across 2 errors and thats as I said using a GSA all day every day.

also this deal is still available if you can find somewhere to book it.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:39 am
AHO

Originally Posted by uktraveller58
They have updated the fare.
Now the base fare is 1.200 EUR instead of 120 EUR.

It must have been typo when they loaded the fare...

Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by uktraveller58
id be quite interested in knowing how people find these sorts of deals? im willing to help as i have GDS access on a daily basis however just looking to and from random airports all day cant be how contributors find these?

in the 6 years in the industry ive come across 2 errors and thats as I said using a GSA all day every day.

ITA MATRIX and some scripts can help.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Or use google flights with the 'explore maps' function. For example, using know cheap EU starting points you can find 1400€ J fares to BKK on RJ: https://www.google.de/flights/#searc...b;mp=1500;mc=m

Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Or use google flights with the 'explore maps' function. For example, using know cheap EU starting points you can find 1400€ J fares to BKK on RJ: https://www.google.de/flights/#searc...b;mp=1500;mc=m
And it is sub 1k from CAI.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Where does everyone stand who booked one of these? I booked two days ago, am ticketed, have noticed that my credit card has been charged and the reservation still seems good on the manage bookings page on the airline.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by gspurr
Where does everyone stand who booked one of these? I booked two days ago, am ticketed, have noticed that my credit card has been charged and the reservation still seems good on the manage bookings page on the airline.
Same here. Although seeing that no one is travelling before March 2017, I would wait a little while before booking positioning flights/hotels.

Having said that, there is no indication this sale will not be honoured.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
It doesn't seem there is a way to pick seats online on the airline website if you booked on an OTA, other than calling them, has anyone done that?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nk15
It doesn't seem there is a way to pick seats online on the airline website if you booked on an OTA, other than calling them, has anyone done that?
You can add your flights to your Lufthansa account and there choose seats.

Worked perfect. Really strange that it is not possible on the airline website.

But after some time the seats are updated there, too if you changed them on lufthansa.com

Last edited by B Stromberg; Sep 22, 2016 at 9:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.