Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BA/AA/IB : AMS/PAR - Anywhere in the US (HNL incl) ~€330

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BA/AA/IB : AMS/PAR - Anywhere in the US (HNL incl) ~€330

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:29 am
Suspended

Seethe fares on Expedia. But kept getting the fare has changed message saying the airline can not confirm the fare and the total went from £269 to £460...frustrating.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:29 am

Is there a 7D min stay?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Seems to be gone at least on aa.com. GF showing cached results and reprices at ~1200€
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Still alive from Paris.
better be quick.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bonzo
Do I have to book via the AA site to choose MCE seats? I am a BA OW elite and would prefer to book via the ba site to make things easier.
You can book on any site, just the flight has to be on AA metal, so you can choose MCE seats.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Google flights shows prices in the region of GBP300 but when you then get the final price it moves to GBP 900.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:47 am

Because deal is dead.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Thank OP, missed out on this one unfortunately :-(
Saw it on SF around 1515CET when the deal was still alive and contacted the GF to see if she was interested.
She was, but being both at work it was to late to pull something together.

Almost every day i check the FT forum for deals, but missed out because of a lot of meetings today :-(
Was it also available to NYC and MIA?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:49 pm

I booked this deal for later this month on AA.com, flying BA. It's my first time booking a deal like this, so I'm not sure when it's safe to say that the booking will be honored. Could anyone shed some light on this based on previous experience? I've received a booking confirmation but no etickets yet.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:21 pm

There was almost exactly the same deal a year and week ago, I bought two tickets and had no problem what so ever. You just have to wait and see. And fly :-)

It was fixed after two hours so not sure how many people managed to buy it, but it was economy so not a big loss for airlines.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:56 am

yep, you'll be just fine. Last year I took almost exact ticket for similar price and there were no issues at all. Just wait for e-ticket then couple more days to be sure nobody reports canceled tickets and you can start arranging hotels, rental car etc...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
I booked this deal for later this month on AA.com, flying BA. It's my first time booking a deal like this, so I'm not sure when it's safe to say that the booking will be honored. Could anyone shed some light on this based on previous experience? I've received a booking confirmation but no etickets yet.
Looks like you're the guinea pig.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:48 am

Thanks, I'll post an update if/when the tickets come through.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
This is not the first time they load €1 fares, happened a few times before and it is always ex-AMS/PAR and on the lowest fare class (i.e O) so in my opinion they are doing this on purpose. I don't know the reason for this but maybe this is to communicate something to Air France- KLM.

I am sure those bookings will be fine and they can't invoque the obvious manifest error here. Airlines always tend to honour economy fares anyway (except when it's sold for €5 of course)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:03 am

I had good holidays in Hawaii and Alaska on these fares last year :-) I'm looking forward to next one in Hawaii. A few more islands to visit. I mastered choice of flights to make sure I get MCE seats on AA and best possible connections.

On Alaska route I was upgraded from economy to prem economy by BA on long haul. Very good value for money :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.