Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: johnnywho
FT Users Flying

tomasdev - Aug 30/31 Trip Report (immediate turnaround)
island82 - Sept 30/Oct 1- 4hrs in SDQ, overnight in MEX Oct 1-2
rivlinm - Nov 11/16/18 - 4 days in MEX, 2 days in SDQ
schindlr88 Aug 19-23rd, 2 days in SDQ, 1 MEX
dustenm - Oct 2-7th - 4 nights in SDQ
johnnywho - April 11-21st - 10 nights in DR

Earnings on DL - * Make SURE you FF number prints on your BP
AeroMexico flights earn based off Distance for Delta. If ticketed in C would be:
6408 base miles and 3204 category bonus miles

For those without status this means:
9610 MQM (confirmed)
4 MQS (confirmed)
9612 RDM (confirmed, base, you get more with status)
$1922 MQD (confirmed)

Source: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...eromexico.html

Tips from those who have run this:

Get all your BPs at MCO before you depart (if not staying)
Use MEX immigration first point return to USA, second point to SDQ
Ask for two of the smaller forms on jet to SDQ (need 2nd at exit)
No need to pay $10 fee if you have BP to show not staying
MEX return w/1.5 connection is tight. You may miss connect
New AM 737 seats are Zodiac w/ IFE power. Old are total crud
Regional MEX-SDQ has Gogo but only for videos. Very limited choices. No power.
Food was either hot or cold sandwich on mainline. Cold on regional.

How many points did you get crediting to:

Have not yet got points to confirm above earnings on Delta. Will update.

Canceling:

Contact the OTA you booked with to cancel. AeroMexico unwilling to refund via phone, website, and in person.
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: WP
Anyone flying this weekend?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Hey y'all, I have a flight coming up that had a schedule change. The website now shows:

Unconfirmed Flight
At least one of the flights you have booked is not confirmed. Please contact us to check which options are available to you.

and where the new flight is shown it shows this:

There was a schedule change (e.g. departure or arrival time) to this segment. Please contact us to confirm your arrangements.

I know there where a bunch of schedule changes, did anyone else get this and do I really need to call in or just leave it the way it is. It does show confirmed on the Aeromexico website and on TripCase so it looks like its good to go just want to avoid calling in if I can help it.

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by schwimmair
Hey y'all, I have a flight coming up that had a schedule change. The website now shows:

Unconfirmed Flight
At least one of the flights you have booked is not confirmed. Please contact us to check which options are available to you.

and where the new flight is shown it shows this:

There was a schedule change (e.g. departure or arrival time) to this segment. Please contact us to confirm your arrangements.

I know there where a bunch of schedule changes, did anyone else get this and do I really need to call in or just leave it the way it is. It does show confirmed on the Aeromexico website and on TripCase so it looks like its good to go just want to avoid calling in if I can help it.

Thanks
If the schedule changes still work for you, you shouldnt need to call in, but there is no harm in calling.
I called AM on one of my runs when i missed my outbound flight to MEX, and was refunded the whole purchase price.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
I used the chat on their website when asking about a few schedule changes. The agent reacted very quickly and send me an email with the new schedule.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:38 am

Is anybody flying before/after Easter?

I will be flying down a few days before Easter and will actually spend a number of days down there. I have never been to the DR before so I turned my run into an actual vacation.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by island82
If the schedule changes still work for you, you shouldnt need to call in, but there is no harm in calling.
I called AM on one of my runs when i missed my outbound flight to MEX, and was refunded the whole purchase price.
Originally Posted by johnnywho
I used the chat on their website when asking about a few schedule changes. The agent reacted very quickly and send me an email with the new schedule.
Thanks chat did the trick.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:55 am

I tried to get a refund via their chat support (I booked directly with AM), and the agent claimed that the ticket was non-refundable since only taxes and no fare was paid. I referred to the fare rules that says nothing about any limitations like that. The agent stopped the chat and told me to contact customer support via email. I did contact customer support, quoting the fare rules and the chat conversation, thinking that they would give me a refund without any problems. That did not happen. Below is the response from Aeromexico customer support:

Dear Mr eql1zr:

We deeply appreciate the time it took you to write and get in touch with us.

On behalf of those who work in Grupo Aeroméxico, we offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences that this situation has represented for you.

We have reviewed the history of your reservation and conditions of your ticket and giving a brief explanation to your request we commented that, in effect, the ticket IS refundable, as long as there is a full rate paid; in this one case only the taxes were paid being probable a ticket benefit or promotional rate and the taxes can not be reimbursed.

That is why on this occasion, unfortunately we are not in a position to offer the reimbursement.

We look forward to being able to offer you our service and be part of your future flights.

Cordially
That sounds completely ridiculous. I've booked some fully refundable tickets and never heard of only the fare being refunded. I've also booked, and canceled, some non-refundable tickets where only taxes were refunded and not the fare.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by eql1zr
I tried to get a refund via their chat support (I booked directly with AM), and the agent claimed that the ticket was non-refundable since only taxes and no fare was paid. I referred to the fare rules that says nothing about any limitations like that. The agent stopped the chat and told me to contact customer support via email. I did contact customer support, quoting the fare rules and the chat conversation, thinking that they would give me a refund without any problems. That did not happen. Below is the response from Aeromexico customer support:

That sounds completely ridiculous. I've booked some fully refundable tickets and never heard of only the fare being refunded. I've also booked, and canceled, some non-refundable tickets where only taxes were refunded and not the fare.
You can try a DOT complaint, but the DOT has showed that they kind of stopped caring about these kind of fares. You may simply have to eat the cost of the ticket or sue them in small claims court...
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:14 pm

Hey y'all I have my first run coming up. Thank you to all who have done this and posted your experiences!

Few quick questions please:

1. With this being a biz class ticket, do we get access to the Delta Sky Club and if we do are we allowed through security at airside 4 if we have a airside 1 boarding pass? I have a Priority Pass too for The Club at MCO but thought I would give both a try if I had access. Thanks!

2. Reading the WIKI, I'm in the category of a quick turn at SDQ. What's the best method to get boarding passes for all flight once airside at MCO? Does AM have a customer service desk or is it best to go to a gate to have them printed? Also, if I wait until all flights are within 24 hours and check-in online will all print or just the legs up to SDQ?

Thanks so much. If anyone is flying this week please PM me maybe our schedules will sync up.

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:45 pm

Need Quick Help Please

I just printed out my boarding passes and I don't see my SkyMiles number anywhere on it? Should the printed out from home boarding passes show the SkyMiles number? I have time to fix it in MCO but was kinda wondering.

Thanks

Edit: I called and they said my SM number was attached to the account so not sure whats up. Will get paper tix in the airport and see if it is shown on them.

Last edited by schwimmair; Feb 20, 2017 at 5:36 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:20 am

Try HUACA
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by schwimmair
I just printed out my boarding passes and I don't see my SkyMiles number anywhere on it? Should the printed out from home boarding passes show the SkyMiles number? I have time to fix it in MCO but was kinda wondering.

Thanks

Edit: I called and they said my SM number was attached to the account so not sure whats up. Will get paper tix in the airport and see if it is shown on them.
Have you checked whether AM has an app you might wanna use?
I have gotten so used to boarding passes on my smartphone, I hardly ever bother we printouts any more.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:15 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle

HUCA and don't mention what the chat agent said. Or take a credit from the airline.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:40 pm

Wiki says: the MEX return w/1.5 connection is tight. You may miss connect

I have such a short connection, is there anything I can do in order not to miss connect?
Has anybody already missed the connecting flight? If so - what other options are there to get back to MCO in time?

I wouldn't mind flying to MEX a day earlier in order to avoid a hiccup.

Has anybody been able to change their ticket after the first two legs? Or should I rather try to change the return flights before my first flight?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:35 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.