Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA EXP Challenge - need 35k EQMs out of SFO/SJC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Avis First, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold

Need some great ideas on how to get 35k EQMs for an EXP challenge. Obviously want to spend as little as possible, and completely open to ridiculous routings. I have 3 months to complete - ending 9/30. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Have you checked the SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAX-SFO runs that have been frequently discussed in Premium Fare Deals forum? Most are getting between 16-20k EQMs based on the routing per trip.

As an SFO'er myself doing MR's, there are usually cheap flights on LAX-SFO-LAS-LAX-SFO turns that yield the min 500 EQM per segment if you can fit one in on a random afternoon.

After that I suggest using GF and the FlightDeal to see whats available/when from SFO-Any city for your budget.

Best of luck....
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by KBOS777
Have you checked the SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAX-SFO runs that have been frequently discussed in Premium Fare Deals forum? Most are getting between 16-20k EQMs based on the routing per trip.

As an SFO'er myself doing MR's, there are usually cheap flights on LAX-SFO-LAS-LAX-SFO turns that yield the min 500 EQM per segment if you can fit one in on a random afternoon.

After that I suggest using GF and the FlightDeal to see whats available/when from SFO-Any city for your budget.

Best of luck....
You can also exchange the PTY MR for a UIO MR and get about 2,000 more miles per trip. However the cost is a tad higher.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by peterbuku21
Need some great ideas on how to get 35k EQMs for an EXP challenge. Obviously want to spend as little as possible, and completely open to ridiculous routings. I have 3 months to complete - ending 9/30. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
BTW is your EXP challenge the recently email target challenge or a different invite?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by token385
BTW is your EXP challenge the recently email target challenge or a different invite?
AA sends out a challenge nearly every year to the large consulting firms, with differing terms each time.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KBOS777

Best of luck....
This is a great suggestion - thanks! I'm seeing business/first for $1,150 in July with a 1-day turn. Is this as good as it gets or have you seen cheaper?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:09 am

I've seen this in business in the $400s before - sigh. Here's around 20k for low $900s. For fewer EQMS, you can fly lie flat from JFK-MIA and vice versa.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

There's also the sweet sweet pain that is a HKG run (19.5k for high $600s - ~3.5cpm):

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2397;a=AA;eo=e

Last edited by kanny; Jun 29, 2016 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kanny
I've seen this in business in the $400s before - sigh. Here's around 20k for low $900s. For fewer EQMS, you can fly lie flat from JFK-MIA and vice versa.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

There's also the sweet sweet pain that is a HKG run (19.5k for high $600s - ~3.5cpm):

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2397;a=AA;eo=e
Wow, in the $400s is amazing. It's hard for me to imagine doing 2 HKG runs in economy to get to 35k, although at $600 each it's seemingly hard to beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.