Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] IAH to AMS, CDG, or LHR in Oct. and Nov. for $257 on AeroMexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] IAH to AMS, CDG, or LHR in Oct. and Nov. for $257 on AeroMexico

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
dead, my ticket was cancelled
Old May 20, 2016, 6:08 pm

Anybody else get their ticket cancelled who booked yesterday or this morning?
Old May 20, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
for those who booked, what was the class?
Old May 21, 2016, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I booked through edreams and haven't had a single email since the first one immediately after purchase.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by tomasdev
for those who booked, what was the class?
Class is "turismo" which is economy/coach.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:18 am

I booked through edreams and got an email right away but ticket or airline confirmation number. So i sent a chat with a edrwams eep asking for my Aeromexico 6 letter confirmation number and he emailed it fo me. I was able to log in ans it does show up booked with eticket numbers. This was yesterday around 2.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:59 am

I successfully booked yesterday morning 2 rt tickets IAH-AMS for $250pp over new years on the British version of CheapOAir. Received my etickets almost immediately with Aeromexico confirmation code and all.

I was able to login and select seats for the IAH-MEX flights, but Aeromexico was looking for $45-$85 per seat to book any seats for the transatlantic flights. Right now, I'm thinking I'll check more closely as the flight nears to see seat availability. If it's looking scarce, I'll pony up the $180 to pay for seats together on both flights. But if it looks like there's plenty of availability, I may just take my chances and hope they would seat us together.

Does anyone have any experience flying internationally with Aeromexico? Specifically, when you check in for a reservation with two people (I booked the tix together, so they are on the same reservation), would they automatically seat you together if room allows? I definitely want to be seated with my partner for the 12 hr flights in coach.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: AM, UA, AA
Them charging fof TATL seats is new

I flew last year to CDG Y and J and seat selection was free

Called Edreams and received Travel Documents which include the AM PNR
I have an AM office just a block from home. Just got back and tickets are confirmed

Pretty good deal
Old May 22, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gohatters
Does sky team elite get any pre-check in seat assignments for free?
I actually got a call from Aeromexico and due to my SkyTeam Elite Plus status my seats was upgraded and assigned to seats that would (according to their emailed receipt) normally cost $420 USD.

They gave me my choice of best seats in Y, then emailed me a confirmation with the new seat assignments (showing that the seat charge had been "PAID", though they waived the fees for me) which are a SkyTeam benefit.

Agent made mention of low fare, but seemed 'happy' for me...stating it was their new route and they are excited for all the new bookings.

*Note: As a stakeholder in Aeromexico, I am not so sure Delta will be as 'happy.'
Old May 22, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nicksterbixter
I was able to login and select seats for the IAH-MEX flights, but Aeromexico was looking for $45-$85 per seat to book any seats for the transatlantic flights. Right now, I'm thinking I'll check more closely as the flight nears to see seat availability. If it's looking scarce, I'll pony up the $180 to pay for seats together on both flights. But if it looks like there's plenty of availability, I may just take my chances and hope they would seat us together.

Does anyone have any experience flying internationally with Aeromexico?
See my previous post regarding seat assignments (if you are a SkyTeam Elite, or Elite Plus Member.)

The biggest hassle is that in Mexico City you must collect all your checked luggage and take it through transit security checkpoints even though you are simply connecting through MEX onto AMS or (on your return) to the USA.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by John DELTA
See my previous post regarding seat assignments (if you are a SkyTeam Elite, or Elite Plus Member.)

The biggest hassle is that in Mexico City you must collect all your checked luggage and take it through transit security checkpoints even though you are simply connecting through MEX onto AMS or (on your return) to the USA.
It looks like you'd stay in Terminal #2, no? Would you still need to exit security and go back through?

Also, what if you don't check bags?

Last edited by gohatters; May 22, 2016 at 2:07 pm Reason: add'l info
Old May 22, 2016, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by gohatters
It looks like you'd stay in Terminal #2, no? Would you still need to exit security and go back through?

Also, what if you don't check bags?
You need to go through immigration and security formalities, just like transiting the US.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
MEX is a tragedy of world airports. I'm really hopeful for the new one.

Making a connection can be a real hassle there. I wish more airports were like PTY, it's not perfect, but making INTL-INTL connections is a piece of cake.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:23 pm

So are we confident these are honored, I havent seen anything saying otherwise.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: delta
Safe?

Originally Posted by janie2002
So are we confident these are honored, I havent seen anything saying otherwise.
Probably considering AM was reaching out to skyteam elite members for seat upgrades, but ill still wait till next week to book the rest of my travel for this trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.