Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TAP Portugal - Star Alliance BOS/NYC - LIS - YUL/YYZ Under $400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TAP Portugal - Star Alliance BOS/NYC - LIS - YUL/YYZ Under $400

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:10 am

thanks for the heads up.

question though - you have to pick up your bags at US customs anyway right? any issue with not rechecking them and dropping the last leg if I do that?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:32 am

JFK-LIS-SXF
LIS-BOS-YYZ
Booked into U class
US$311 booked and ticketed

Thanks OP

Last edited by lordlucan; Apr 16, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
What is the easies way to look for date combinations of this fare???
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by shuom
thanks for the heads up.

question though - you have to pick up your bags at US customs anyway right? any issue with not rechecking them and dropping the last leg if I do that?
You have to pick up your bags, but in the unlikely event that your flight is cancelled, you can be rebooked onto a direct flight to Canada, since that is your final destination.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Anyone able to select seats and if so what's the protocol on TAP? 72hrs out?? 24hrs prior to check-in? Not calling as I plan to exit at BOS for my return. Also, can't seem to find booking class (used Expedia) - assuming it's one of the discount fares (50%). Nothing shows on flytap.com.

Last edited by Sterndogg; Apr 16, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Anyone able to select seats and if so what's the protocol on TAP? 72hrs out?? 24hrs prior to check-in? Not calling as I plan to exit at BOS for my return. Also, can't seem to find booking class (used Expedia) - assuming it's one of the discount fares (50%). Nothing shows on flytap.com.
Enter your ticket number into http://www.saudiairlines.com/ under manage my booking by e-ticket and you can find the booking class.

As for selecting seats, no idea
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by montezume
Enter your ticket number into http://www.saudiairlines.com/ under manage my booking by e-ticket and you can find the booking class.

As for selecting seats, no idea
Oh yah duh forgot about checking via Saudia - thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Why are people booking with Cheapoair and not directly on TAP Portugal's website?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Why are people booking with Cheapoair and not directly on TAP Portugal's website?
Couldn't get it to work on there.
Attention Please
Regretfully there are no seats available for the dates selected. Please try again.
Plus, I got the exact price I was looking for off of ITA, so i doubt TAP would have been any cheaper...
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by montezume
You have to pick up your bags, but in the unlikely event that your flight is cancelled, you can be rebooked onto a direct flight to Canada, since that is your final destination.
I meant if I wasn't planning on taking the BOS-YUL leg. I don't have to recheck bags or anything correct?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuom
thanks for the heads up.

It's unclear at BOS & JFK if you have to re-check bags or they are checked through...

You do have to clear U.S. CBP, but not sure about how they handle the checked bags.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold
I was able to purchase a $306 ticket for next March. On the return I will overnight in Toronto. I have never been to either Lisbon or Toronto before so I am excited. Thanks for the great find!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
It's unclear at BOS & JFK if you have to re-check bags or they are checked through...

You do have to clear U.S. CBP, but not sure about how they handle the checked bags.
You can always force an overnight through JFK or BOS using multi-city for the next date. In that case I don't believe it will be checked through to YYZ or YUL, would it?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:19 pm

There's more stuff on the blogs rn. I'm afraid TP will be changing their fare structures
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
The fare is leaving off YQ with the addtion of the transboarder leg. They will catch this very soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.