Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to AA - Best Way to Accumulate RDMs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold

Hi all,

Just status matched over to AA. I want to rack up as many RDMs as I can before the change goes into effect. I plan to qualify for EXP solely based on MRs and try out EXP.

But for the time being, I want to know what is the best way to accumulate miles right now. Is it just google.com/flights and booking what is cheapest CPM? Are there certain promotions that I'm not aware of? I would like to combine it with going for EXP if possible, but as it stands right now I'm just looking at random weekends and seeing what's cheapest. (Looks like r/t's to Florida). Are there any promotions/bonuses I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any tips.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Look at CGK and HKG, these have generally been good deals for the last year. For shorter trips, look at SJU, AUA, POS. You're better off taking 5 trips to Asia than lots of domestic trips. Use google.com/flights, look at the calendar. Have a look through the mileage run deals forum.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
Hi all,

Just status matched over to AA. I want to rack up as many RDMs as I can before the change goes into effect. I plan to qualify for EXP solely based on MRs and try out EXP.

But for the time being, I want to know what is the best way to accumulate miles right now. Is it just google.com/flights and booking what is cheapest CPM? Are there certain promotions that I'm not aware of? I would like to combine it with going for EXP if possible, but as it stands right now I'm just looking at random weekends and seeing what's cheapest. (Looks like r/t's to Florida). Are there any promotions/bonuses I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any tips.
The current promotion for double miles to Asia is only for certain fare classes (read the fine print), so the cheap MR fares to CGK, SIN, HKG won't qualify for that promotions.

What status did you match into?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hartlogan
The current promotion for double miles to Asia is only for certain fare classes (read the fine print), so the cheap MR fares to CGK, SIN, HKG won't qualify for that promotions.

What status did you match into?
Plat
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
I assume you'll be flying out of DEN? When you're searching for MRs, you should be able to get early morning one-way positioning flights to DFW pretty cheap - something to keep in mind.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hartlogan
I assume you'll be flying out of DEN? When you're searching for MRs, you should be able to get early morning one-way positioning flights to DFW pretty cheap - something to keep in mind.
And COS if need be - and thanks for the tip. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any extra way (outside of CC spend) to get some miles in before the change in program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.