Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA MR from AUS (or SFO). Need 10K for Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM

Just did the math and looks like I'm 10K miles to reach Platinum. I should have reached it easily but I booked my last TATL flight on the $2K AA/BA biz fare deals that came out a while back, so now I have to settle on a MR if I want to make Platinum.

My windows for traveling is small.

1) I still need to purchase one more ticket before the end of the year. I will be in the bay area (I could reach SJC, SFO, OAK or MRY) for christmas and I need to get back to AUS right after christmas (around Dec 27). So hopefully I can get a MR into that flight.

2) I could do one day turn around leaving from AUS on Dec 1, 3, 8, 10. Weekend of Dec 12-13 and last week of Dec (28-31) could be possible.

After writing this up, I'm now wondering if it's worth it to get Platinum. Looks like my best best is to make my return flight from SFO to AUS to a 10K mile trip.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help from all the FT MR gurus! Thanks!!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
This is the weekend of the 12th out of AUS, you'll have to overnight in SEA but it will get you about 8076 PQMs (books into paid first so 1.5x). It is 8 cpm, which isn't great, but a bit more comfortable than sitting in the back and a bit more time effective.

Then, SFO-AUS nonstop is about 1500 miles, so a simple nonstop round trip would get you to 11000, which should handle your needs.

Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
SFO-IAH-SJU-EWR-AUS in business/first out 12/27 return 12/28 is $1236, 7687 miles + 3843 miles class of service bonus. $1143 for similar routing out 12/26 return 12/27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.