Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need 30K miles on AA from LAX to make EXP

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I am headed over to EXP and need 30K between and now and Dec 23. Can anyone make suggestions? The promo is miles or points and I'm guessing miles is easier.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
2 of these outta do it, plus one short mr.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ty-723-rt.html
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
If you're up for it, something like this- https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2469;a=AA;eo=e

Plus a little cheap domestic flying to finish it out.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
LAX-DFW-HKG-DFW-LAX out 10/2 return 10/4 is $689. 18660 miles is a good start. Then keep your eyes open for something to Europe that is sufficient for the remaining miles, look for out on a Saturday return on Sunday.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

It will be interesting to try AA.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Take a look at BAH in NOV. If you fly Nov 13th weekend I'll see you there.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
Take a look at BAH in NOV. If you fly Nov 13th weekend I'll see you there.
AA? Friday to Sunday?

It would be great to have other FT members on the journey. I did it once on UA a couple of years ago and there were like 10 of us on the trip
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyboutflying
AA? Friday to Sunday?

It would be great to have other FT members on the journey. I did it once on UA a couple of years ago and there were like 10 of us on the trip
I'm going LAX-MIA-LHR-BAH on Friday, but staying a day in BAH with a friend and going back Monday the 16th BAH-LHR-DFW-LAX. Let me know if you book that outbound, as of yesterday I saw it was still available.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Another option:
http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....ts-644-to-694/
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
If you're up for it, something like this- https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2469;a=AA;eo=e
Really awesome idea! I'm new to AA, but when I go to book it's showing S as the booking class which earns .5 EQP? So wouldn't this only earn ~11,300 EQP? Or is there a way to earn 1 EQP per mile flown on this fare that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by fly7b2
Really awesome idea! I'm new to AA, but when I go to book it's showing S as the booking class which earns .5 EQP? So wouldn't this only earn ~11,300 EQP? Or is there a way to earn 1 EQP per mile flown on this fare that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
This run is probably only worthwhile if you're looking to qualify on miles, not points. The initial question was for either points or miles?

You can always call and give an agent the itinerary and ask what the price would be to get it in a 1PPM fare, but I'd guess it would be significantly more.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyboutflying
I am headed over to EXP and need 30K between and now and Dec 23. Can anyone make suggestions? The promo is miles or points and I'm guessing miles is easier.

Thanks!
Ugh, I'm jealous of all of you who are able to get EXP through this promo; I did the Plat challenge in January, and it would have been realllly nice to have EXP for this entire year.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47

Plus a little cheap domestic flying to finish it out.
If you're up for it being the key; I did it to finish my Plat challenge in January, with 19 hours in Jakarta, and it was absolutely brutal. I got op-up'ed on NRT-DFW, and slept for 10 straight hours - in the middle seat in angled-flat J on the 772, no less, though my CX F PJs certainly helped

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.