Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] ZRH-HKG-BKK r/t Cathay Pacific Business Class €126

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: veeRob
Other information can also be added regarding the overall situation.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] ZRH-HKG-BKK r/t Cathay Pacific Business Class €126

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:56 am

Didn't have my up to date phone number in my profile, so no phone calls here.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:51 am

Hmm, they have my number but still no call
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just got the call. Due to a "technical error" the airline is not honoring the ticket and I have the "option" of accepting a full refund.

She insisted that Travelocity negotiated on my behalf to secure the refund.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by sbm12
I just got the call. Due to a "technical error" the airline is not honoring the ticket and I have the "option" of accepting a full refund.

So you should be grateful to TL (and to CX) that they'll refund entirely the amount ?
You're a such lucky person!^

And we still have people here that think we are the bad guys!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

lol. Negotiated in lieu of what.....I'm not sure I could have had that conversation without yelling. Cancel the ticket, but don't insult my intelligence.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Also go a call from Travelocity saying they are cancelling the itinerary as fares loaded in their systems were affected by a technical error.

They are offering to rebook at correct price *hahaha*.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tymoon25
Also go a call from Travelocity saying they are cancelling the itinerary as fares loaded in their systems were affected by a technical error.

They are offering to rebook at correct price *hahaha*.
How did it take 2 weeks to get to this.....Sheesh.

Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes

Left a Vmail stating what above people have said, though it still shows confirmed on TL and Cathay's website. If they never cancel them and we can print boarding passes, do we think they will STOP at airport. I'm sure there is a risk involved, but isn't there a higher chance of them letting you board rather than turn you down at Zurich?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes

Yeah actually TL is a very bad OTA. I took them 2 weeks to do what the German/UK OTAs did in a few days. Time is key when reacting to error fares, well in my opinion at least.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by DLDFW
Left a Vmail stating what above people have said, though it still shows confirmed on TL and Cathay's website. If they never cancel them and we can print boarding passes, do we think they will STOP at airport. I'm sure there is a risk involved, but isn't there a higher chance of them letting you board rather than turn you down at Zurich?
Now on TL: "This reservation has been fully cancelled. We're sorry your plans didn't work out. When you're ready to book a new trip, we'll be happy to help."

And on CX: "All segments in this booking are flown or the booking does not contain any valid segment."

Hopefully the money comes back to my CC now!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
didn't it flashed to your minds to ask the reason why they took 2 weeks to cancel the ticket and - in particular - if they consider this a reasonable time-span?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dear sbm12,

We've been made aware of a technical issue with Cathay Pacific in which fares were incorrectly loaded into our inventory. Unfortunately, your reservation has been affected by these incorrect fares.

Cathay Pacific has made us aware that the affected tickets are invalid and as a result will not be honored. These tickets will be refunded in full amount. Should you wish to book the reservation under a business class kindly give our Travelocity sales team a call at 1-855-201-7800 to help you with the booking or you can also go online to complete the booking with the correct fares.

As per conversation over the phone, please be advised that we have already initiated your refunds today and the full amount of $140.60 should be back to the original form of payment in 8 weeks or depending on how fast your bank and the airlines process refunds.

We regret any inconvenience this technical issue had caused and we thank you for being a valued customer.

Sincerely,

Travelocity Travel Support

The segments are already gone from CMT; they were there an hour ago.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: US CP, UA 1K, TAM VERMELHO
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
didn't it flashed to your minds to ask the reason why they took 2 weeks to cancel the ticket and - in particular - if they consider this a reasonable time-span?
Spent 90 minutes taking to them, got forwarded to a supervisor. Insisted on the "almost two weeks". Nothing but "we're sorry" was said. Supervisor "tried" to "reinstate" the ticket, then said she couldn't.

They're exempting themselves from it all, and even suggested I should contact Cathay Pacific about it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by tymoon25
Now on TL: "This reservation has been fully cancelled. We're sorry your plans didn't work out. When you're ready to book a new trip, we'll be happy to help."

And on CX: "All segments in this booking are flown or the booking does not contain any valid segment."

Hopefully the money comes back to my CC now!
Tough year for Business Class Tix, United and now Cathay Pacific....but I'm glad at least 1 person we know got through ;-)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by FlyingGnu
Spent 90 minutes taking to them, got forwarded to a supervisor. Insisted on the "almost two weeks". Nothing but "we're sorry" was said. Supervisor "tried" to "reinstate" the ticket, then said she couldn't.

They're exempting themselves from it all, and even suggested I should contact Cathay Pacific about it.
So I guess Expedia is the last domino to fall. I would like to ask them, if they ever call, why it took so long and what is different from the RGN fare I booked with them and flew in 2013. But, let be honest, we're just talking to the drones who have no idea what's going on and are just doing as they're told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.