Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Maximizing AA miles on trip to SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold

Hello,

I have an upcoming biz trip to SIN from SFO in June. I would like to maximize my EQM and EQP on AA on this trip. Apart from the usual SFO-HKG-SIN on CX metal (which does not tend to give full EQM and EQP on AA) I looked at AA codeshares on EY for SFO-AUH-SIN, but the fares are far too expensive.

What other longer and more innovative routings can I consider with reasonable fares?
Old May 25, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Did you look at SFO-DFW-HKG-SIN?
Old May 25, 2015, 8:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mikelat
Did you look at SFO-DFW-HKG-SIN?
That would be a very good thing, because it most likely gives a codeshare on CX Hongkers to Singapore as well.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:57 pm

Do you get credit for JL flights?
SFO to JFK or BOS, then to Tokyo, then to SIN (or to HKG and then SIN, but doesn't really get you more miles). That is 25k flown miles.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
If you have time, you can do SFO-JFK/MIA/MCO/BOS-SIN. When booking, choose the AA codeshare flights for NRT-SIN /HKG-SIN depending on your connection.

Last edited by blueslip; May 26, 2015 at 4:09 am
Old May 26, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Yes, provided they are AA marketed (i.e. AA flight number). Otherwise, they will earn miles as per JL chart.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by s0ssos
SFO to JFK or BOS, then to Tokyo, then to SIN (or to HKG and then SIN, but doesn't really get you more miles). That is 25k flown miles.
- Typically, the less expensive all-AA codeshares from US to SIN are through NRT or HND.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I flew PHX-DFW-HKG-SIN, SIN-NRT-DFW-PHX back in January, booked through the AA website, with all segments having an AA flight number. I received full credit for all flights, even though HKG-SIN was on CX and SIN-NRT on JL.

After we pushed back from the gate at DFW, and the pilot said, "our flight time today is 16 hours and 16 minutes," nearly everyone onboard groaned. That was my longest flight so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.