Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

BA/oneworld tier points run London - Boston - Vancouver - London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Hi all,

I would love your tips on the following BA tier point run I am attempting (the more the better - ideally 120 would be super). Currently Bronze I would like to maximise this trip. Since my company is paying and booking (thus cheap economy :/) I have no option other than suggest them some flights, and perhaps attempt an upgrade at the check-in with some miles (any advice on this is also welcome). All I can realistically do is to add stops keeping it cheap.

The trip is end of July/mid August will involve:
1) London-Boston (stay over for a few days)
2) Boston (or New York) - Vancouver (stay over for a few days)
3) Vancouver-London (either direct or with 1-2 stops)

On the London-Boston I would go for the AA77W with a stop at JFk, and would be happy to do the same on the way back. It is a nice flight, has wifi, nice time and often get upgrades (to MCE, nothing fancy). Any option is welcome but my main concern is on how to maximize tier points on the legs 2 and 3 keeping all relatively cheap. Thanks in advance!
Old May 21, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
For BOS/NYC-YVR you should go for either direct (with CX) or with a connection in, dunno, SEA,MIA,PHL,PHX,CLT, so everything that doesn't divide that trip into two <2000m pieces. But since you'll only get like 5TP for a sh leg, not really worth it.
On the way back I'd go for a connect at least on the east cost, dividing the trip into two 20TP segments.

That leaves you with:
LHR-JFK-BOS: 20+5
NYC-PHL/WAS/CLT-LAX/LAS-YVR: 5+20+5
YVR-LAX/LAS/PHX-PHL/NYC/BOS-LHR: 5+20+20
or via WAS:
YVR-LAX/LAS-WAS-NYC/BOS-LHR: 5+20+5+20
For: 95 or 100 TP.

However... if you can spare some time while being in BOS/NYC or whereever in between, go for a one-way or rt trip in domestic first, yielding 60TP each leg. Have done that in early May for US$220 on JFK-CLT-BOS-DCA(-LGA). Except for a heavy delay out of BOS to DCA on my final leg, all went smoothly, and domestic first (i.e. biz) is way better than CE or similar, although the seatpitch could be better.

So I'd recommend going for the most convenient and comfy routing in your work-based Y travel and just top it with domestic first.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Does it have to be all on one ticket? If you have to have the BOS/NYC-YVR segment on the same ticket it might kill a lot of options. AFAIK, I don't think the CX 5th freedom fare can combine with TATL at all because of AA/BA's partnership.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Hi both, thanks for the tips. I can also book 2 return tickets, LON-BOS-LON and BOS-YVR-BOS. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.