Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL MR Pay with Points RDM->MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle

Just noticed that using the pay with points you can basically transfer RDM to MQM by doing a mileage run.

Sample:

EWR-ATL-DXB Roundtrip $631 or $131 + 50,000 RDM equals 16.6k MQM

Same flight 80k RDM +$140 taxes booking an award flight (0 MQM)
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Very interesting... this could be fun to play around with. Good idea.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, PWM are generally better deals than award redemptions when looking at mileage run type fares. On the other hand, I can usually get better deals than 1 cent per mile from my miles (to places I actually want to go to instead of a mileage run where I may just be flying for the miles). This is particularly true if you look to use your miles for J class redemptions. So to me, it makes more sense to just pay cash for such mileage runs rather than use PWM and save my miles for something better than 1 cent per mile redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.