Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Private Flights $4, Very Limited Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Private Flights $4, Very Limited Dates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I'll post more pictures when I get home. Now sitting at the centurion lounge LGA drinking myself into a stupor so I can forget the fact that I now must board southwest home instead of a private jet.
^
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Enjoy! Can you confirm if they are operating under part 135 or is this really an Uber of the skies?
Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to ask, but I don't think there's any getting around this as a Part 135 operation.

The only choices are Part 91, 121 and 135. It's commercial service, so it's not Part 91. Part 121 is for scheduled commercial service, e.g. DL/AA/UA, so that's not right either. That only leaves Part 135.

If you're asking if this is someway of working around Part 135 requirements like Uber drivers are evading local taxi commission requirements, the answer is no. Let's just say that aviation falls under a much stricter purview - that of the FAA - than taxicabs do, and there's pretty good reason for that.

I wouldn't board a plane that was trying to skirt federal aviation requirements and I don't know why anyone would.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:19 pm

Question

I booked a flight for today from Jax to teb on the hawker 400...All went fine with boarding and flight confirmation but the flight was cancelled during flight checks due to an electrical problem.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by 18sas
Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to ask, but I don't think there's any getting around this as a Part 135 operation.

I wouldn't board a plane that was trying to skirt federal aviation requirements and I don't know why anyone would.
Here it says that JETSMARTER themselves is not a part 135: https://jetsmarter.com/legal/flight-terms/, but their operators should be. I just never expected so many Cirri to be running part 135 ops.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by gatorprincess85
I booked a flight for today from Jax to teb on the hawker 400...All went fine with boarding and flight confirmation but the flight was cancelled during flight checks due to an electrical problem.
Did they give you any compensation? ecert perhaps?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:07 pm

Smile

We had a great time on our flight! Same experience as above, pretty basic, just pilot and co-pilot, but they were very nice and had no idea that we had paid $12 total for the three of us to fly. They asked a few times about the app (they work for a third-party that Jet Smarter utilizes). Offered drinks and snack, but we brought our own champers and donuts (it was a 6:20 AM flight!)

Hawker 400 was very comfortable, plenty of space and the convenience factor was incredible. Pulled into the airport at 6:00, on the plane by 6:12 and taking off at 6:20... Landed at HPN around 9:00 AM! Will definitely be keeping my eyes on the app!

Will post pics when we get home, like Xolinlevh we are flying WN back. Was supposed to be out of LGA, but WN has canceled all flights out of the NYC area in a gross overreaction to the weather, so we are driving to BWI to get back to TPA. Good thing we used points, total cost of the weekend trip was still less than $100 for three people and that's only because the rental car to BWI was $65.

Last edited by JMR1223; Feb 15, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Did they give you any compensation? ecert perhaps?
No. It was the pilots who alerted us that the flight had been canceled, and told us the company said they had already spoke with us regarding the matter. So not the best customer service.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
That would have been great with a closer option.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Uploaded a few pics and a vid here.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Here it says that JETSMARTER themselves is not a part 135: https://jetsmarter.com/legal/flight-terms/, but their operators should be.
Exactly. Jetsmarter is just another middleman (charter broker) with a slick website and creative business model around how to package and resell charter.

At the end of the day, Jetsmarter has the same incentive as any charter broker: find the absolute cheapest lift that can be marked up and resold to you for as much of a margin as they can make.

Enjoy your Beechjet 400 flights but as someone in the industry you would never find me hopping on a private jet if I did not know the actual 135 certificate holder (or Part 91 flight department) operating the flight.

Charter brokers are the used car salesmen of private aviation.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Uploaded a few pics and a vid here.
^ Very nice!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Thanks everyone for the reports. I get to live vicariously through all of you having almost gotten a flight for Mrs. Pathfinder and me. I had made flight and hotel arrangements to enjoy a night in MEM and was about to head out to LGA when I found out that the biz jet flight was cancelled. It would have been an amazing way to spend Valentine's Day but it was not meant to be. Luckily, I was able to cancel everything; it would have really sucked if I got to MEM and found out that it cancelled and had to find other arrangements back.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:29 pm

This is fascinating. Is there a similar app or company for cheap private jet flights out of the UK or Europe???

Id love to fly out on a private jet and hop on a FR flight back
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
This is fascinating. Is there a similar app or company for cheap private jet flights out of the UK or Europe???

Id love to fly out on a private jet and hop on a FR flight back
This app does occasionally have flights in europe. However ive never seen one for free, even when all the others in the US are free. Im wondering if theres some EU regulation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.