Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

First EVER Mileage run. What to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

So... I'm debating now if there's even any value to doing this anymore since UA's program is going to hell in 2015. I'm Gold now, and I want to keep Gold as I will be traveling a lot overseas in 2015. The incentives of course are Star Alliance lounge access, baggage, priority boarding... All the stuff you expert mileage runners know about. So my question is...

I've never done a mileage run. I've got just over a month now to get 11,000 miles in to retain my Gold status on United. I was going to go to Jakarta on UA/ANA Dec. 23rd to the 30th on business, but that's now been scrapped. Would there be anyone out there who could guide a novice on where I could find the best deals out of Salt Lake City (SLC) to get me over the 11,000 mile hump? And again, is it even worth it anymore? Thoughts?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If you can decide quickly, here's an option -
SLC-SFO-TPE-SFO-SLC, out 11/24 return 11/26, $816, 14108 miles. You can also do this trip outgoing on 12/2 or 12/9 for $100 more.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE

HKG is also a possibility, there are a few days in early December around $1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.