Wiki Posts
Search

DL: Need 20k for DM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
DL: Need 20k for DM

Looking to spend Dec 15-19 to get ~20k for Diamond. Unfortunately I missed the recent Midwest-LHR premium fare deal, but would really like to manage a day or 2 of stopover in London in midst of all the flying. Any mega runs that would allow that? TIA!

Edit: I'm NY-based, but can position as needed.

Last edited by Willower; Nov 5, 2014 at 10:34 pm Reason: More info
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK there are still BCN (and MAD etc.) BE sale fares with 14 day advanced purchase requirements from many USA DL airports. This is Z class, so probably no stopover allowed but you might be able to route through LHR for an overnight 23 hour or so connection.

However, this won't give you 20,000 MQMs. For that in one RT, look to Asia: SIN in coach (or BE for comfort and rollover), most other destinations in BE (which will be expensive).
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:24 pm

20K mileage run

I'm looking for 21K during December. I'm based out of Atlanta or Nashville. Could also do Evansville.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK there are still BCN (and MAD etc.) BE sale fares with 14 day advanced purchase requirements from many USA DL airports. This is Z class, so probably no stopover allowed but you might be able to route through LHR for an overnight 23 hour or so connection.

However, this won't give you 20,000 MQMs. For that in one RT, look to Asia: SIN in coach (or BE for comfort and rollover), most other destinations in BE (which will be expensive).
Many thanks! Hadn't thought about extended layover. Is there any way to do Asia via Europe and LHR? My clumsy efforts on ITA yielded astronomic fares.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:46 am

Any luck? I am out of Atlanta and have the exact same need. Looking to Dec 15th as well.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...lp-myself.html

ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK-ATL out 12/28 return 12/30 is $1557.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...TL0DL2510;a=DL

CHA-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-ATL-CHA out 12/28 return 12/30 is $1413.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HA0DL5424;a=DL
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
It would be much appreciated if you could do some basic search (google flights is excellent for something like this) and then play around with routing once you find a date/city combo that works for you .

Your cheapest option is to go a week before to either BKK or SIN. You can route from LAX to MCO/JFK/ATL/DTW/IND and then back to NYC. So you are looking at a 1-way positioning to LAX. You can find the same price if you go via NYC alone though mile might be lower.

My source: I am in the middle of just such a run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.