Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cataclysmicvoid
This worked like a charm at the landside ticket counter. No problems whatsoever. Offered to cancel flight and give me an open ticket (and call later to book a flight), but had no desire to work with call center again. Booked return for late next year! Thanks!
So you managed to book a ticket beyond the 12month validity? That's unheard of!!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass Select
Yeah, I guess so. Flight is next summer, purchased in February of course. Only sign of trouble is that status is just "confirmed" in VirtuallyThere, and the seat assignments that were there yesterday are gone today...

Last edited by cataclysmicvoid; Dec 25, 2014 at 3:50 pm
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:18 pm

Checked-in for our return today. No trouble at all and it was extremely quick. We had separate PNRs; AA at dfw was able to print out all of my boarding passes but only the dfw-jfk pass for my gf. So when we got to jfk we went over to the etihad first class check-in at T4 and were done in 5 minutes, which included moving our seats so we could be together and getting the lounge passes.

Short version: return trip check-in - for us - was painless.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Just got back from the trip with my return (with the DFW-AUH nonstop). Checking in was fairly simple - took less than 5 minutes, no problems mentioned by the people doing the checkin. Flight was more full (6/8) than on my previous AUH-JFK but I don't think service suffered. Despite other complaints about the 9W plane being worse, I thought it was pretty much identical.
Worst part of everything was AUH itself - the flight left DFW late plus there was a huge mess at the transit security (and no apparent premium line), so I had no time to check out the lounge there again.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Finished the trip and wondering what are some good places to credit the miles?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by chocobill
Finished the trip and wondering what are some good places to credit the miles?
I would say the most popular are either AB or Virgin Australia, but there are certainly ,any other partners you could credit to
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
I would say the most popular are either AB or Virgin Australia, but there are certainly ,any other partners you could credit to
You must be a resident of the countries listed* to join Velocity Australia.

* Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Cook Islands, etc.

Any other options except AB?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mlqsko
You must be a resident of the countries listed* to join Velocity Australia.

* Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Cook Islands, etc.

Any other options except AB?
I did KE which looked good on paper. In practice, I got 0 miles for the AUH-JFK leg because the fare class was changed to something that gave no miles. Haven't seen the return posted but I'm assuming it will be the same.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:38 am

Anyone who flew this fare in the last 6 months and already got the miles for the flights, please PM me. I may have an offer for you.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Anyone who flew this fare in the last 6 months and already got the miles for the flights, please PM me. I may have an offer for you.
Now this sounds intriguing.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:58 am

Wanted to report that I've FINALLY gotten all tickets refunded, so if anyone else is still battling for yours, keep up the good fight.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Wanted to report that I've FINALLY gotten all tickets refunded, so if anyone else is still battling for yours, keep up the good fight.
That's pathetic. Did you book through OTA or EY?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.