Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

What is considered a good deal in PE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium

While I have a sense of good deal for MR in economy, what is considered a good deal in PE? Also do I calculate my PM double miles into that formula? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by nwncl
While I have a sense of good deal for MR in economy, what is considered a good deal in PE? Also do I calculate my PM double miles into that formula? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.
A 'good deal' in the PE and Premium thread is not as cut and dry as <X CPM. In these threads there is a combination of really great fares (i.e. would make MRing an option) as well as fares that are not MR quality but are a good price for a given route. The classic example in the Premium Fares thread would be the annual USA-Europe Thanksgiving fares. They aren't so low that most people would MR on them, but they are a good price if you were debating a vacation or happen to need to be in Europe.

As for calculating CPM, you should calculate EQM and state on what program(s) as COS bonuses vary by program. Bonus RDMs, such as those granted by status, are generally ignored unless there is some special reason they are important (i.e. there is a triple miles promo on X program for the route).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium
Great. That help set me out. With DL/VA I might start flying PE and was trying to get a sense of prices/ value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.