Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skipping a rail segment (CDG-ZYR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Skipping a rail segment (CDG-ZYR)

Does anyone have any experience with skipping / no-showing for a rail segment? I'm looking at flying USA-CDG-ZYR. The CDG-ZYR segment would be the final segment of the itineray. Does having checked bags make a difference?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:21 am

Hello. Basically you will get boarding passes for all the segments when checking in for the first flight in the US. The bags will only be checked for arrival into CDG and need to be collected there. If you want to continue your journey to Brussels, you would need to collect your bags and go to terminal 2F to an air france stand to collect the train ticket when presenting the boarding pass. I don't think there should be any problem as this is the last leg of the journey and if you want to be extra careful (and get the miles), you could always get the train ticket at 2F and then simply not board the train. You have the choice. In any case, the last leg can be skipped with no issues whatsoever and luggage need to be collected at CDG regardless.
Bon voyage

PS: BTW, I don't think your post belongs to this thread.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I've relocated this thread from Mileage Run Discussion forum here to the AF forum for further input.

tcook052
Mileage Run Discussion Forum Moderator
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This question comes about every week on this forum, so I suggest you make a little search and you'll find all the answers.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Is this still the case that I can Skip the CDG-ZYR on a BOS-CDG-ZYR-CDG-BOS as long as I pick up the ticket?

I want to spend some time is CDG before going to ZYR.

My Other Thoght is flip the Trip and Go BOS-CDG-ZYR-CDG-ZYR-CDG-BOS. But seems a bit silly to save $300 a ticket...
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
Is this still the case that I can Skip the CDG-ZYR on a BOS-CDG-ZYR-CDG-BOS as long as I pick up the ticket?

My Other Thoght is flip the Trip and Go BOS-CDG-ZYR-CDG-ZYR-CDG-BOS. But seems a bit silly to save $300 a ticket...
Why not just do a multicity booking? e.g.
BOS-CDG Jul 1
CDG-ZYR Jul 4
ZYR-(CDG)-BOS Jul 10
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp

You can simply go to the train station, get the ticket, "composter" it then leave...

Originally Posted by Ditto
Why not just do a multicity booking? e.g.
BOS-CDG Jul 1
CDG-ZYR Jul 4
ZYR-(CDG)-BOS Jul 10
I believe that SNCF segment can't be booked separately.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
I believe that SNCF segment can't be booked separately.
ITA does quote them, and it can be booked on several OTAs.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Does anyone have any experience with skipping / no-showing for a rail segment? I'm looking at flying USA-CDG-ZYR. The CDG-ZYR segment would be the final segment of the itineray. Does having checked bags make a difference?
Yes you can show but not take the train. Just go to the Air/Rail counter in CDG TGV station, present your passport, retrieve your train ticket (BP format), never show up to the train and voilą!

Having checked bags does not make any difference since you would have retrieved them in CDG already. Note you would though be asked at the Air/Rail counter whether you have bags to check. The purpose of that question is to inform you that you can drop these bags at the front of carriage 1 in CDG and retrieve them in ZYR thus not carrying them with you during the train journey.

By doing so you avoid a no-show, you get your miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.