Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error fares bucket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Talking Error fares bucket

Subscribe to this thread and get an email when error fare is posted.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Out of curiosity... what is the mechanism by which this works? Are you relying on people to post error fares to this thread as opposed to individually in the MR forum?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Out of curiosity... what is the mechanism by which this works? Are you relying on people to post error fares to this thread as opposed to individually in the MR forum?
Exactly, it's not as if error fares happen that often, but when they do, it's only for a limited time. For example, the last Delta error fares only lasted during a morning, and I only found out in the evening, which left me frustrated. Since then, I've been obsessively checking the forums several times a day. With this error fare bucket, I hope to get an email alert in real time when an error fare is becomes available.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by boboqui
I like your thinking, but I'm a bit dubious that it will be embraced by FlyerTalkers. Regardless, this isn't something that's on-topic for the Information Desk forum, so I'll move this to the Mileage Run Discussion forum, home of talk about finding and taking advantage of good fares.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:44 pm

Stupid question, how do I subscribe to this thread? I have never posted on here before and have only used this the past couple of months to see if I can catch a price mistake.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by alexx3james
Stupid question, how do I subscribe to this thread? I have never posted on here before and have only used this the past couple of months to see if I can catch a price mistake.
You click down on "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to this Thread".
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by alexx3james
Near the top of this thread, there's a drop-down menu labeled "Thread Tools." In that menu is a lnk labeled "Subscribe to this Thread."

If you choose "No email notification," then the thread will display in your MyFlyerTalk panel whenever a new post is posted to this thread. Other options allow the software to send you an email when a new post is posted to this thread. Note that only one email notification will be sent regardless of the number of posts posted to the thread until you access at least one page in the FlyerTalk forums while logged in.

Nearer to the top of the page is a blue nav bar with a "Quick Links" drop-down menu with an option called "Edit Options." From that page, you can set a default subscription method for threads that you reply to. I have mine set to "No email notification," which causes any thread I reply to to then appear in MyFlyerTalk when a new response is posted, allowing me to keep track of discussions I'm involved in without overloading my email box.

You can also subscribe to forums in a similar manner (from the forum view). You can't receive an immediate email notification of every post, but you can subscribe without email notifications so the forum shows up in MyFlyerTalk or you can have the forum send you a daily or weekly summary of new posts. I find those email notifications to be less useful (and more difficult to read) than simply visiting the forum periodically.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

http://flymiler.com

Fare Glitch! Fly NYC to Milan for $150 or Tel Aviv for $245!
Old May 22, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL plat
http://flymiler.com

Fare Glitch! Fly NYC to Milan for $150 or Tel Aviv for $245!
Spam.

There are two threads here discussing this. Please censor yourself in the future.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL plat
With that said, alerting people subscribed to this thread is considerate. My issue is with the link, not the sharing.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 15cats
Spam.

There are two threads here discussing this. Please censor yourself in the future.
Sorry! I got overly excited!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.