Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] QF/EK DUB-PER $562 3.7 CPM (EK Skywards only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] QF/EK DUB-PER $562 3.7 CPM (EK Skywards only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by bennytma
Agreed. I'm all for freedom of information but what good is this information if it has zero value in no time. I really hope the OP and the other bloggers don't kill this.
Terrible post by the OP... It does get him a few eyeballs, possibly a few CC application referral fees and it kills the deal that he did not even develop himself.

Pure and utter selfishness. Shame, Shame, Shame on you.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Maravilla
Rather egoistic of you, don't you think?

For all of us that don't know that C1 C2 C3 dumping this is great. I would probably never find a deal like this if they are not posted. You call him or her selfish? Really? I mean REALLY!? The egoistic ones are those that don't even share these kind of fares even if you ask nice in a PM. From me to all of you - F Y.

Sharing is caring ^
Sharing is good, but keeping deals around is better. I am all for sharing good deals, but certain tricks should be kept private -- If they weren't, then they wouldn't exist anymore. I think of it like winning the lottery: You have a choice of the lump-sum up front, or taking smaller payments amounting to a greater amount over time. Consider:

Situation one: A deal like this is discovered and widely shared across blogs and forums. The deal is good for a short period of time, say, 24 hours, before being killed. In that 24 hours, a couple hundred people (often much less) might take advantage of the deal, while plenty of others would be unable to commit to it, and others might not have read the forums or blogs on that day. If people want to get in on the deal, they need to act quickly and sometimes impulsively. This is the case with most mistake fares.

Situation two: A deal like this is discovered and kept under wraps for a year or more. The deal will be good for a much longer period, and although fewer people will take advantage of the deal at once, over the course of that year, some people will learn about the deal and/or become more involved in the FD community. The people who take advantage of this deal might be those who have connections or are willing to put the effort into developing something like this, plus those who stumble upon it. Sure, it isn't a free-for-all, but in the end, I suspect just as many people will benefit from a deal being kept under wraps for a long time. People can actually plan their trips without impulsively booking, and it becomes a reliable fare. The airlines are also much less likely to strike back when it is a single person at a time flying on a ticket like this instead of several hundred.

Unfortunately it seems things like this snowball, and once they are posted in a couple places, they will be posted everywhere. Sometimes the ease of communicating information online can be a bad thing, but it's the current reality, and it is increasingly difficult to keep something truly under wraps without completely hoarding it to yourself.

Sharing is caring, but caring sometimes means keeping things under wraps for the long-term benefit of the community.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by airboss
That is what I get for NOT scrolling down. No excuse....but I was using my small screen laptop.
Maybe I misunderstand, but each codeshare has an equivalent EK flight number and fare code, right? So if it's an EK Q fare, it'll earn 50%, according to this chart?

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil.../emirates.aspx

Edit: Scrolled down and read this:
To qualify for mileage accrual, please note that your flights must be marketed and operated by Emirates. Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify.
So I guess I'm mistaken.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:43 pm

The complain is not about posting on FT. It is about the link op's post to his website and referring to it.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
This isn't a fare error if what's happened in Australia is anything to go by. QF currently have a sale in the UK until the 17th and these fares should stick around until then.

However what's happened in Australia is these cheapies will soon have exclusions added to them on where they can be sold and will probably not come up anymore like the most recent sale QF is having in Australia.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Thanks for killing this fine dump.
Pretty sure the half dozen blogs it was posted on as a lot more to do with it than this guy posting it in MR.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by mtvesuvius
Sharing is good, but keeping deals around is better. ........
Sharing is caring, but caring sometimes means keeping things under wraps for the long-term benefit of the community.
Apposite!
Sharing a good deals or immediate random error rates is perhaps a clear sense of this forum. But uncover the tricks that others strenuously achieved without respect for their continuing and additionally mainly for fast little marketing effect for (not just OP's) own blog by Copy&Paste method, effortlessly anything from anywhere between most bloggers is vile, shortsighted and kill many options in the long-term.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:10 am

What some people are saying is that they are glad they were made aware of this deal, but resent the fact it was made available for others to benefit from also.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Me2E
What some people are saying is that they are glad they were made aware of this deal, but resent the fact it was made available for others to benefit from also.
It's not that. At FT, just been in discussion accessible for anyone, but not served on a gold platter...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:11 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Deltahater
As selfish as those who read this on Australian forums, treated this as our little secret, and are now complaining of it being killed?

Shame, Shame, Shame on us.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Terrible post by the OP... It does get him a few eyeballs, possibly a few CC application referral fees and it kills the deal that he did not even develop himself.

Keeping it to yourself so others couldn't benefit...that wasn't selfish, right?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
will this work in reverse ?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by nzthunderboy
Unfortunately no.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by nzthunderboy
The question is whether there will ever work? At this moment it is already a buried fare .... Fast death, as expected...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:02 am

Still a pulse left as of yet... not quite dead.

Last edited by stargold; Mar 17, 2014 at 8:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.