Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] QR: PNH-DOH-SGN(& other SE Asia destinations)195$++ in Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] QR: PNH-DOH-SGN(& other SE Asia destinations)195$++ in Business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I have often be offered more direct routings when checking in at the airport and it was never forced upon me
Last one was on MEX-IAH-LAX on UA. I was booked in F.
When I checked in the agent offered the direct MEX-LAX flight leaving at around the same time but arriving earlier, obviously.
When I declined she did not insist.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
UPDATE: Looks like QR is not honoring the fare! I just received a re-issued e-ticket for my PNH-DOH-SGN flight. Now PNH-SGN.

Bummer. Expected this, so, will just fight for a refund...

ETA: PNH-SGN flight changed, but HAN-DOH-BKK still untouched... But expecting QR to correct this any minute now...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
UPDATE: Looks like QR is not honoring the fare! I just received a re-issued e-ticket for my PNH-DOH-SGN flight. Now PNH-SGN.

Bummer. Expected this, so, will just fight for a refund...

ETA: PNH-SGN flight changed, but HAN-DOH-BKK still untouched... But expecting QR to correct this any minute now...

Same as here
The SGN--DOH--BKK becomes SGN-BKK direct
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
So this is the proverbial moment when the other shoe dropped? How dreadful!

Here's the aftermath:

Sep 27: PNH-DOH-SGN becomes PNH-SGN direct still in Z (20 hour transit in DOH)

Oct 28: PNH-DOH-SGN becomes PNH-SGN direct still in Z (6 day stopover in DOH)

HKT-DOH-KUL, HAN-DOH-BKK are still intact but it may be a matter of time.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
Same as here
The SGN--DOH--BKK becomes SGN-BKK direct
SGN-BKK direct on QR???or another Airline?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by bonsaisai

Here's the aftermath:

I guess now's the time to start thinking about how to refund? I dread talking to the QR-Singapore office... While they are nice and responsive, they are generally clueless about 90% of things related to air travel At least we'll get to experience the "legendary" QR ground service!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
SGN-BKK direct on QR???or another Airline?

QR
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum

Here's the aftermath:

So this means you will fly PNH-SGN-DOH-SGN but get credited only miles and points for PNH-SGN (and vice versa)? If that is the case, it may still be worth it for the enjoyment of flying QR J long haul. But I will probably cancel at least one of them as I was hoping to gain enough miles for status and a nice J/F award.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:19 am

Here's the aftermath:

Regarding the stopover of 6 days it is not really okay changing the ticket without prior contacting you, as you paid for the stopover in DOH, so that is definately a part of the contract.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
So this means you will fly PNH-SGN-DOH-SGN but get credited only miles and points for PNH-SGN (and vice versa)? If that is the case, it may still be worth it for the enjoyment of flying QR J long haul. But I will probably cancel at least one of them as I was hoping to gain enough miles for status and a nice J/F award.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
I'm not sure you can fly the circuitous route via DOH instead the short and direct one that they already switched you to. The long flight would be fun even without the miles.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Kapi1904
Regarding the stopover of 6 days it is not really okay changing the ticket without prior contacting you, as you paid for the stopover in DOH, so that is definately a part of the contract.
I agree with you. That bothered me the most. Clearly I bought 2 separate one-way flights with 6 days separating them. I'm going to BAH and MCT in between. Never got an email. Just found out for myself on QR website.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
I guess now's the time to start thinking about how to refund? I dread talking to the QR-Singapore office... While they are nice and responsive, they are generally clueless about 90% of things related to air travel At least we'll get to experience the "legendary" QR ground service!
Well, if all fails, your last and probably easiest option is a CC charge back. I don't think I would have any problems getting a charge back with AMEX if I show the before and after itineraries.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:32 am

E-commerce Support (Qatar Airways Support)
Sep 17 19:31 (AST)

Dear Customer,

Changes to Your Itinerary

In view of your recent purchase with us, may we thank you for choosing Qatar Airways.
We realized that you have a need to travel within South East Asia and booked a short-haul ticket with us last week. However, on your e-ticket, it is shown that your itinerary requires a transit in Doha, when we offer a direct non-stop service to your destination. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
This erroneous routing is a result of a technical issue which has led to an incorrect display of your itinerary. We have already fixed the issue and have rebooked you onto our direct non-stop services. We hope this will clarify the position and make your travel with us much more pleasant. Your revised itinerary will be sent to you.
If, however, this revised itinerary does not fit your needs, we will refund without penalty your affected ticket to your original form of payment. Please raise your refund request on qatarairways.com or through your travel agents on or before XX October 2013. Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any third party charges or service fees (if any) incurred.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.
Qatar Airways
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I agree with you. That bothered me the most. Clearly I bought 2 separate one-way flights with 6 days separating them. I'm going to BAH and MCT in between. Never got an email. Just found out for myself on QR website.
Laughable. For those of us who presumed that QR valued communication with customers, good PR, or other business practices that western companies, even airlines, tend to promote, this is a lesson. Maybe they are actually smart and have calculated that the negative PR or angry customers really won't amount to much; more likely, they just don't care. (Edited to add: the previous post makes it even worse; they are simply dishonest, and with a presumptuous, smarmy tone to boot!)

Mine are still intact for now; I wonder if they are going in order of travel date, in order of booking date, or just capriciously. Who knows if they will even catch all of them, easy as it would be for them to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.