Wiki Posts
Search

MR Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cloudybw
FYI, most SFO-EWR routing rules require non-stop only. You should be happy to find an agent to let you have a connection.

The timing is tricky. If you do later, you may be booked in higher booking class and thus enhance the chance of upgrades, but you may also have less options due to availability.

Yes, if you do now and another change hits again, you can change again.
I'm not a MP member, but the deal was good enough for me to book and "suffer" through Y, so upgrades are a non-issue. One of these day's I'll probably switch programs, but not today. If that's the only benefit, I guess I'll call soon and try to come up with a good reason why I need a connection

My flight times changed from:
0600 - 1421 / 1530 - 1901
to:
0600 - 1437 / 1525 - 1837

I guess my only argument is that I need to arrive before 1430, and since I have the earliest direct flight, I'll need to depart earlier (0023 flight to IAH, 0720 to EWR, arriving at 1157). There are no sane connections through IAH on the way back though. IAD is possible.

I guess I'll just have to call and see what I can get, but be prepared to settle for whatever I can get. Anything is better than nothing though.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not a MP member, but the deal was good enough for me to book and "suffer" through Y, so upgrades are a non-issue. One of these day's I'll probably switch programs, but not today. If that's the only benefit, I guess I'll call soon and try to come up with a good reason why I need a connection

My flight times changed from:
0600 - 1421 / 1530 - 1901
to:
0600 - 1437 / 1525 - 1837

I guess my only argument is that I need to arrive before 1430, and since I have the earliest direct flight, I'll need to depart earlier (0023 flight to IAH, 0720 to EWR, arriving at 1157). There are no sane connections through IAH on the way back though. IAD is possible.

I guess I'll just have to call and see what I can get, but be prepared to settle for whatever I can get. Anything is better than nothing though.
Your reasoning makes sense, but be prepared to argue since it is only a 16-minute schedule change.

Is that a same day turn? If so, you can argue that you don't have enough time to see friends outside security
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:21 am

Your reasoning makes sense, but be prepared to argue since it is only a 16-minute schedule change.

Is that a same day turn? If so, you can argue that you don't have enough time to see friends outside security
Yep, same day turn. I've gone from a 69 minute connection to a 48 minute connection, so I'll try that. Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:44 am

Yep, same day turn. I've gone from a 69 minute connection to a 48 minute connection, so I'll try that. Thanks for your help!
Done. SFO-IAH-EWR, EWR-SFO.

The last thing he said before actually making the change was "just wanted to let you know, it's the same day...".

I had to struggle not to laugh.

Now I just wish I hadn't clicked accept on the one the week before

I moved from N to G, so nothing spectacular, but unless I can find someone with a spare RPU, it won't matter anyway.

Brings my CPM from 3.86 to 3.53

Thanks again
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Does it really matter if you click "accept" or not, if there happens to be a legitimate misconnect in the schedule (flight doesn't arrive until 2 hours after the newly scheduled flight departs)? I would think that no matter what, I can rebook this itinerary, because it no longer represents a valid routing.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by STS-134
Does it really matter if you click "accept" or not, if there happens to be a legitimate misconnect in the schedule (flight doesn't arrive until 2 hours after the newly scheduled flight departs)? I would think that no matter what, I can rebook this itinerary, because it no longer represents a valid routing.
You can always rebook an invalid routing.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Done. SFO-IAH-EWR, EWR-SFO.

The last thing he said before actually making the change was "just wanted to let you know, it's the same day...".

I had to struggle not to laugh.

Now I just wish I hadn't clicked accept on the one the week before

I moved from N to G, so nothing spectacular, but unless I can find someone with a spare RPU, it won't matter anyway.

Brings my CPM from 3.86 to 3.53

Thanks again
Congrats!

When HNL-SNA route cancelled and I was affected, I managed to convince an agent to change to HNL-IAH-SNA rather than HNL-SFO-SNA for "better aircraft".
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I cant decide what to do with one of my MR's. I now have 18 min connect on my final segment in EWR. Cant decide if i just want to switch the next flight or see about changing the entire routing.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:56 pm

Congrats!

When HNL-SNA route cancelled and I was affected, I managed to convince an agent to change to HNL-IAH-SNA rather than HNL-SFO-SNA for "better aircraft".
Hah. I just said I couldn't get back to SFO any later, and 48 minutes wasn't enough, and since I already had the first flight of the day, he looked for overnight flights.

His first suggestion was at 2230 or something, and I asked if there was anything later. Then he pulled up the flight I was looking at

So it definitely works if you let them do all the work. I'm not sure how it would have panned out if I had spoon fed up the flight from the start, but I figured it was a reasonable enough option that I'd let him try to find it to help me, rather than thinking I was trying to scam him.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Wow, another of my MRs just had a schedule change. The routing isn't invalid, but there has been a schedule change on 3-4 of the 6 hops. Does any schedule change technically let me rebook the entire itinerary? If so, I'll wait until the last minute and try to get them to put me in Y or B for extra miles.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 am

Wow, another of my MRs just had a schedule change. The routing isn't invalid, but there has been a schedule change on 3-4 of the 6 hops. Does any schedule change technically let me rebook the entire itinerary? If so, I'll wait until the last minute and try to get them to put me in Y or B for extra miles.
I think it depends on the agent. I went from a 69 minute turn to a 48 minute turn, so I said that wasn't enough time, and I couldn't get back any later. Since I was already on the earliest flight, he let me have a red-eye with a connection.

If your flights are:
1000-1100
1200-1300
1400-1500

and it changes to:
1005-1105
1205-1305
1355-1455

then I think you'd have a harder time convincing someone why you need a change.

But no harm in trying. And if it doesn't work, call back and try again
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:02 am

I'll wait until the last minute and try to get them to put me in Y or B for extra miles.
Not likely if you get a PMCO agent. They will contact IM to open up your orginal booking class
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:02 pm

Not likely if you get a PMCO agent. They will contact IM to open up your orginal booking class
I have been bumped into Y class two times:
1. SJC-DEN, there was a hailstorm at DEN. UA allowed all people with flights into or out of DEN to rebook without penalty. I switched my flight from Saturday to Sunday, and it rebooked into Y.
2. Volunteered to give up my seat on a MR, on a redeye flight. Told the gate agent I would give up my seat, IF he could book me on the direct flight to my furthest destination the next morning. Done, and booked into Y.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:43 pm

Great. UA just rebooked my itinerary (the one with invalid routing) such that it earns 1000 miles LESS than the original. Would I be able to call in after flying this and request Original Routing Credit? The benefit of the new itinerary is that it gets me home at 8pm instead of after 12am, so I'd be okay with that so long as I can pick up the miles for the original itinerary.

Also, would Original Routing Credit include the 500 mile minimums? There were TWO of those on my original itinerary.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:26 pm

Great. UA just rebooked my itinerary (the one with invalid routing) such that it earns 1000 miles LESS than the original. Would I be able to call in after flying this and request Original Routing Credit? The benefit of the new itinerary is that it gets me home at 8pm instead of after 12am, so I'd be okay with that so long as I can pick up the miles for the original itinerary.

Also, would Original Routing Credit include the 500 mile minimums? There were TWO of those on my original itinerary.
Why did you accept that itinerary? The whole point of calling in is so you can change it to something that works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.