Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 12, 6:20 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Posts: 6
Smile New to MR - Need 12k DL MQM from MCO

I am looking to accumulate 12k DL Miles from MCO. What is a good itinerary that will keep the budget under $500?

Thanks from a newbie
jpullen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 12, 12:57 am   #2
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC & STL
Programs: AA PLT, IC PLT/RA
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpullen79 View Post
I am looking to accumulate 12k DL Miles from MCO. What is a good itinerary that will keep the budget under $500?

Thanks from a newbie
jpullen79, welcome to FT! I would suggest that the next time you ask a question here on FT, try to give as many details as possible to make it easier for people to respond to you. Do you have elite status? Do you have any miles for repositioning? Are you willing to go to MIA or FLL? Most importantly, when you can fly? Can you fly anytime during the week, or only weekends?

My best advice is to check this forum frequently for deals. In this case however, I did a search for "MCO" and found this. Hope it will be helpful. Delta MR from MCO or FLL I did a quick search on ITA and found that same day turn $289 fares are still available in Nov. This price is closer to $600, but not too bad.
Apieinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 12, 5:43 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Posts: 6
Thank you. I am currently silver medallion and looking to get to gold medallion. I am flexible to fly weekend or weekdays.
jpullen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 12, 12:32 pm   #4
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,840
$315 mco-lgb 9/7 6372 mi....found on orbitz [aol travel].....

when do you need the status?
__________________
don....i'm practicing to be a grouchy old man, and getting good at it....
clacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 12, 12:33 am   #5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SMX
Programs: DL FO
Posts: 319
Drive to Tampa and do 2 of these
Ooompa Loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 12, 7:14 am   #6
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa View Post
Drive to Tampa and do 2 of these
Thank you.

I found a MCO - LAX - SLC - OAK / OAK - LAX - DTW - MCO

6,837 miles @ 4.2 cpm
jpullen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 12, 10:50 am   #7
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL - KM/PM
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpullen79 View Post
Thank you.

I found a MCO - LAX - SLC - OAK / OAK - LAX - DTW - MCO

6,837 miles @ 4.2 cpm
Not bad. How soon do you need them? You should be able to find something from MCO/TPA for less than 4.
MichaelKade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 12, 11:19 am   #8
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKade View Post
Not bad. How soon do you need them? You should be able to find something from MCO/TPA for less than 4.
Well, the goal is to achieve GM by the end of the year. The 4.2 is the MQM CPM. The redeemable is 3.2 CPM after you factor in the FO bonus, and the Delta Amex bonus of 2 pts per $1 spent.
jpullen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 12, 9:02 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL - KM/PM
Posts: 1,053
You could probably find better by EOY... what are your reasons for hitting GM? Will you do an intl before EOY?
MichaelKade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 12, 10:25 am   #10
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKade View Post
You could probably find better by EOY... what are your reasons for hitting GM? Will you do an intl before EOY?
I like the additional perks and status. Plus, I will be traveling more next year and this will hopefully increase my chances for an upgrade. Especially, since I will using an award ticket to Vancouver in Jan. I am not oppose to traveling internationally. I guess I am still trying to figure out all the best options.
jpullen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 12, 2:14 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky View Post
jpullen79, welcome to FT! I would suggest that the next time you ask a question here on FT, try to give as many details as possible to make it easier for people to respond to you. Do you have elite status? Do you have any miles for repositioning? Are you willing to go to MIA or FLL? Most importantly, when you can fly? Can you fly anytime during the week, or only weekends?

My best advice is to check this forum frequently for deals. In this case however, I did a search for "MCO" and found this. Hope it will be helpful. Delta MR from MCO or FLL I did a quick search on ITA and found that same day turn $289 fares are still available in Nov. This price is closer to $600, but not too bad.
I live in the FLL area. Are mileage runs from here better on Delta? I might have to do a few by the end of the year to get to Diamond or Plat.

Robert
robertw477 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:27 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.