Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Google Flights / Expedia had lower fare than ITA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Not sure where to post this, maybe a mod can move/delete as necessary.

This may be relevant to those who use ITA to price out mileage runs.

A friend of my was looking for a LAX->TPE RT flight. I recommended that he price it out on ITA, which came out to $1017 on UA (layover in NRT). The new United search did not list ANA flights, but if I search a multi city with stop in NRT I can select code share on NRT for LAX to NRT, but still UA for NRT to TPE. The price is the same.

However, on Google Flights it listed $1004 on NH (layer in NRT). This same set of flights on ITA was at $1108 or so on NH (layover in NRT).

I then checked ANA's website and the lowest fare was $1182!! ... I thought. We couldn't find the $1004 fare at first but eventually found it on Expedia - now priced and confirmed at $1003.xx booked in K from LAX to NRT and S from NRT to TPE. On ANA the lowest fare is all in L.

The key is I don't see this fare on ITA, but nor do I really know how to use it. If I a search with routing limited to K from LAX to NRT and S from NRT to TPE it may show up.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:25 pm

Sadly, while I still use ITA. I now always check somewhere else also. On my last trip to Europe, I sent my TA a creative routing found on ITA that was the lowest price and all on *A. She replied, why not just take the LH flights that are $300 cheaper and quicker. Sure enough, pretty much every other site showed the simple LH itin, but ITA didn't. First time I can remember the TA finding better flights than me...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Originally Posted by OCedHrt
-- SNIP --

However, on Google Flights it listed $1004 on NH (layer in NRT). This same set of flights on ITA was at $1108 or so on NH (layover in NRT).

-- SNIP --
Google Flights does international now?! Last time I tried I got a message that stated it only did domestic US.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:30 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
You have to originate from the US, and it does not yet include all international destinations.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Nice to see you here Scott!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:15 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by Scottrick
You have to originate from the US, and it does not yet include all international destinations.
Now happily includes YYZ at least, so perhaps all North America or more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.