Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) CO/UA: LAX/SFO-MIA $179/187 ai RT [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

LAX -MIA $198
SFO-MIA 192

Definately a drop in fare from last week. The fare good thru mid-March.

Available on UA/CO websites, Expedia, Cheaptickets

Thought about adding this to the below thread, but I didn't look
at any multi-city options....so don't know if it would work.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you, jaymar. I just booked a couple of same day turn SFO-MIA trips in March.

I was able to book all UA metal, outbound via ORD, return via IAD. Total price $200.80 ai for 6383 EQM, or 3.1 cpm.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:26 am

Two connections are allowed each way, so you could do SFO-LAX-IAD-MIA-IAD-LAX-SFO for $208.20, or around 2.81cpm. However, I couldn't find any immediate turns for this.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Thanks for the deal again.

However, it seems this one has a lot of time constraint (You will have to leave early from MIA)...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:32 am

If I arrive at SFO on a UA lflight and want to do an immediate return which is on a CO flight, do I need to go thru security again or is there a way airside? It's just a 50 minute connection time.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
If I arrive at SFO on a UA lflight and want to do an immediate return which is on a CO flight, do I need to go thru security again or is there a way airside? It's just a 50 minute connection time.
On the Continental website, on the SFO Map it displays a bus from the international terminal G to Continental gates. Im unsure the hours the shuttle runs but this would be the best bet as the walk from the United gates to the international terminal is as short walk and you dont have to clear security.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
On the Continental website, on the SFO Map it displays a bus from the international terminal G to Continental gates. Im unsure the hours the shuttle runs but this would be the best bet as the walk from the United gates to the international terminal is as short walk and you dont have to clear security.
ever since they set up airtrain outside security and connected the UA term 3 w/ INTL inside security, I believe the shuttle was stopped. If it stil exists inside security I don't know where it originates, because it's not in the same place anymore.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rkaradi
ever since they set up airtrain outside security and connected the UA term 3 w/ INTL inside security, I believe the shuttle was stopped. If it stil exists inside security I don't know where it originates, because it's not in the same place anymore.
Not sure if it still exists, but I remember seeing a sign regarding a shuttle to continental gates. Found some additional information on the United site, seems the information was updated on September 2010.

Free bus transportation is available for United and Continental customers with connecting flights. United pick-up is at gate 92, and Continental pick-up is at gate 32. Bus service is available every 20 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., seven days a week.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The bus was operating when I was last in SF earlier this month. I didn't take it, but there were signs for it an an announcement was made about it on my arriving CO aircraft.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P
actually, it is a relatively short walk. it may take you about 10-15 min to walk there.
I heard the announcement a few times too.

Originally Posted by xyzzy
The bus was operating when I was last in SF earlier this month. I didn't take it, but there were signs for it an an announcement was made about it on my arriving CO aircraft.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:37 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Booked a same-day turnaround, LAX-SFO-IAH-MIA-IAH-SFO-LAX for $206ai

Glad I didn't book last week's fare
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by sfo_ika
Thank you, jaymar. I just booked a couple of same day turn SFO-MIA trips in March.

I was able to book all UA metal, outbound via ORD, return via IAD. Total price $200.80 ai for 6383 EQM, or 3.1 cpm.
Thank you as well jaymar01 ^. Put 3 on hold this morning but couldn't find anything to work out via ORD and back via IAD. Can you share some sample dates?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LAX-MIA $230.80 R/T Same-day turn.

I just booked two same-day turns LAX-MIA. Sat. Jan 29 and Sat. Feb 12. Dep LAX 6:00 a.m. via DEN arr MIA 4:03 p.m. Dep MIA 5:03 p.m. via ORD arr LAX 10:58 p.m. $230.80 a.i. R/T. I couldn't find a way to fit in more than four segments all on UA metal on a same-day turn. I don't want to chance CO E-. But, that takes care of the 10,000 miles needed for 1st quarter CR1s. Thank you OP.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM
No more quarterly CR1 in 2011. First 2 CR1 will come at 75K miles.

I booked one on Sat 1/29 also, SFO-DEN-MIA-IAD-SFO on UA metal for a total of 6016 EQM. It did cost more than SFO-IAH-MIA-IAH-SFO on CO metal but I used an E-Cert from a broken IFE. UDU will work also. This will be my first MR.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Still there as of November..

Originally Posted by BL1KITW
I just booked two same-day turns LAX-MIA. Sat. Jan 29 and Sat. Feb 12. Dep LAX 6:00 a.m. via DEN arr MIA 4:03 p.m. Dep MIA 5:03 p.m. via ORD arr LAX 10:58 p.m. $230.80 a.i. R/T. I couldn't find a way to fit in more than four segments all on UA metal on a same-day turn. I don't want to chance CO E-. But, that takes care of the 10,000 miles needed for 1st quarter CR1s. Thank you OP.
+1

I just held 2/12, from SFO. This is much better than the TPA runs, as it gets to SFO at a much better hour!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.