Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Original matrix.itasoftware.com is now gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original matrix.itasoftware.com is now gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
This is an interesting phase in transition: Matrix1 is better for some things (eg, the 300 mile radius search) and Matrix2 for others (flexible dates). I have both open in different tabs and go back and forth as needed.

Does Matrix2 have a log in option? Don't remember seeing it. One in Matrix1 didn't do anything for you, so maybe they got rid of it.

Similarly, does Matrix2 also have the 60 second limit that Matrix1 does?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
I believe that matrix2 has a time limit though I didn't bother to find out how long. If your search is inactive for too long it will time out.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
What I would like to see is a setting to remember user preferences so that the More Options and Advanced Routing Codes boxes are opened by default.
I'm pretty sure we'll see this, and a whole lot more customization, after integration with a Google Account is active.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have a hard time with the new matrix and I always end up using the old one. The new one doesn't even display properly for me and I haven't found a good way to use it yet. I'll continue to try, but the old one is hard to beat.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
The new one doesn't even display properly for me..
Could this be a browser issue? Which one do you use?

I miss certain features in Matrix2, and it has a couple new ones that Matrix1 doesn't, but on Safari (Mac) both of them display fine.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
Could this be a browser issue? Which one do you use?

I miss certain features in Matrix2, and it has a couple new ones that Matrix1 doesn't, but on Safari (Mac) both of them display fine.
I am limited @ work by our IT department which browser I can use. It might well be a browser issue, but I don't have any problems with Matrix1
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:04 am
Suspended

Hmm when i'm using Firefox I get the old, with Chrome the new..
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Not sure if this is best place to post this... I did a search and didn't come up with much.

I'd like to use the new Matrix2 fare search (http://matrix.itasoftware.com) with the fare codes (as in this thread) but I can't seem to make it work.

Is it possible?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:47 am
Company Representative, ITA

Programs: Mileage Plus
In response to TrayFlowInUK's question dated June 13, 2011, there is a way to complete the same types of inquiries using our advanced routing codes. The reason it did not work for him the first time is because the syntax has changed from that which the original user posted in 2004. To complete these types of searches, please use the following:

To constrain results to return YUP fares only
Using BOS as your Departing from point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f ..yup" (without the quotes). Using LAX as your Destination point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f ..yup" (without the quotes). Enter your preferred dates, times, number of travelers, etc. and hit search. Results should appear shortly.

To constrain results to return either YUP or F fares on any airline and between any points
Using BOS as your Departing from point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f (.bos+lax.)|(..yup|..f)" (without the quotes). Using LAX as your Destination point, enter the following syntax in the advanced routing code field "/ f (.bos+lax.)|(..yup|..f)" (without the quotes). Enter your preferred dates, times, number of travelers, etc. and hit search. Results should appear shortly.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Matrix1 Dead?

Is matrix1.itasoftware.com dead? The search page appears but all searches bomb out on the results page
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Is matrix1.itasoftware.com dead? The search page appears but all searches bomb out on the results page
Working fine for me. I just did a month long search, then picked a start date from the calendar, then a specific trip, and finally booking details. All went smoothly.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just downloaded the update to the iphone app. Very nice. Will now do the month-long searches, keep a history of your searches, and save specific itineraries so you can easily keep track of their current prices. Also added "by Google" to the welcome screen. Hopefully that will be the only intrusion by the evil empire on what is a very useful and well designed system, both the web site and app.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Seems Matrix1 has vanished again. Hopefully not for good...
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
That tool is nothing but a waste. It is always giving me routes and fares are not direct and nor related to my travel specifics.

For example: I want to travel BA from point A to point B in in certain class. Then it gives me certain combinations that far from what I am looking for (BA+other carriers) or a crazy mix of classes that let the real value of the amount paid disappear.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Seems Matrix1 has vanished again. Hopefully not for good...
I've adapted to the newer version by now, having figured out enough workarounds to make up for the lost features that its benefits far outweigh what has been forgone. Time moves on - I'm ready to say "RIP Matrix1". Looking forward to Matrix3!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.